• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Well as of this saturday, I will be the proud owner of a kawasaki vulcan 800 :rockwoot: I've never owned a bike before, so I figured this would be a good starter for me. And a friend I work with is giving me a pretty good deal on it. Can't wait!

I searched, but just out of curiosity, has there ever been an "Official Ingo Motorcycle Pic" thread? If not, I think someone should start one. I'd like to see what everyone else is riding :D

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Now your saying this is the first bike you will own, so hopefully that means you have driven a motorcycle before because an 800 is pretty big for a beginners bike. Also if your not licensed you will have to take a test and the bigger the bike the harder it is for some of there required manuvers.

coltsfan34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Middletown
    Vulcan Rider

Congrats on getting the new bike. Ive been the proud owner of a 1500 Vulcan for the last 10-11 years. Had a few other makes before that but like the Vulcan and most likely wont switch from ole momma Kaw when this one decides to die on me.:DThis bike is pretty much bullet proof, the only thing I have had to do to it since i've owned it is basic maintenance, can ride her hard all day and she's ready to go again tomorrow. Anyways, i am sure you will enjoy it.

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    Always be cautious of eveyone one else on the road, you will be the smallest and the easiest to run off the road. ABAE is an awesome start for any new bike owner/rider. be good and keep it straight up

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well as of this saturday, I will be the proud owner of a kawasaki vulcan 800 :rockwoot: I've never owned a bike before, so I figured this would be a good starter for me. And a friend I work with is giving me a pretty good deal on it. Can't wait!

I searched, but just out of curiosity, has there ever been an "Official Ingo Motorcycle Pic" thread? If not, I think someone should start one. I'd like to see what everyone else is riding :D

Yes, but many of the pics have been removed.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Wear a lid. It will save your life.

CIMG0282.jpg

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    You said starter bike, 800 is not a starter bike. When you ride your head is on a swivel, ride like they all are trying to kill you, because in a blink they can. Buy good gear and wear it all the time, looking cool up until you're dead is a steep price to pay for looking cool. You need to go get your permit, sign up for the ABATE beginners class, then you need to pay attention in that class.

Okay, sermon over. Once you're legal get out there and ride, good way to leave all your worries behind and enjoy the world. The best roads in Indiana start about Columbus and south from east to west.

2002 ZRX 1200R may not be stock :D

DSCF0107002.jpg

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    800 cc is hardly a starter bike. That's a handful for a novice. But, since you already have it learn now to ride it where there's not a lot of traffic around for a while. Get used to feeling how the bike feels during turns, stops, and starts too. And .... practice emergency braking where no one will bother you. Trust me, you'll need it one day!

I would have recommended starting off on a dirt bike first though. There you get a good feel for the body english while riding. One thing to remember, you're butt is for more than setting on. You'll soon get a feel for how the bike moves through something most take for granted.

Watch out for women drivers too.:D If they see a space they want to be in and you're in the way they'll try to go for it!

+1 for the ZRX below. Mine's one of the black models in the smaller 1100 version.:D

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I have been known to toss a leg of one for the last 36yrs. As stated above ride defensively and be situationaly aware at all times

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    That looks like it could be a ton of fun! I love me some bikes but I'm too klutzy to ride one I think...

Thank you and it is. I'm not the most graceful person in the world, but on two wheels once you stop fighting it it becomes a part of you and very relaxing. The best part is once I get away from town while riding all my problems start melting to the point all I am aware of is the ride.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm giving serious consideration to purchasing and '07 or newer FJR myself. I've been lusting over one for the past several years (Hopefully) My child support payments will be ending shortly and then. . . . . . .

I've been riding an '82 Seca 750 for several years now and really enjoy it but am looking forward to a fuel injected bike to get away from carbs!

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Whoa Whoa Whoa

I've ridin MANY bikes before lol. Calm yourselves ;). I grew up around dirt bikes/quads and have a few friends that have let me take a test drive a few times :D. I've rode a friends suzuki hayabusa a couple times, and WOW....those are a little too quick for my likings. So i think I can handle an 800 alright.

I will be taking my permit test in the morning. Any advice for me on it? I've read over the manual already, so I think I should do ok (hopefully)

And yes, I am going to wear a helmet and jacket at all times. I was raised that way, so there is no reason to change now. :yesway:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    My advice on the test, borrow someones 250 to take it. The course is small and tight.

You were the one who said starter bike ;) to someone that rides that means a n00b.

Don't know how much the test has changed since I took it, but a foot down you're done, drop the bike you're done. The cone weave is a pain to people on large bikes that don't maneuver well. When I took the test it was IPD Harley cops and they LOVED to yell your instructions very loud and very late in each phase of the test.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    My advice on the test, borrow someones 250 to take it. The course is small and tight.

You were the one who said starter bike ;) to someone that rides that means a n00b.

Don't know how much the test has changed since I took it, but a foot down you're done, drop the bike you're done. The cone weave is a pain to people on large bikes that don't maneuver well. When I took the test it was IPD Harley cops and they LOVED to yell your instructions very loud and very late in each phase of the test.

Ya I definetely should have specified on the starter bike lol. I meant this will be my first bike I actually own myself( street legal one)

I'm not taking that test tomorrow, I'm taking the permit test. Then I have to hold my permit for 30 days until I can actually take the test you're talking about. The permit one is just a written test, and I've been told its not hard at all. But that means 1) No passengers....2)No riding at night.....and 3)Must wear a helmet. Those 3 things for 30 days.

About the actual driving test, I heard its pretty difficult. But I also found out that you can take it on a moped :) So now all I gotta do is find someone with a moped to let me borrow it in a month. haha :laugh:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Word of warning on the written test, READ THE MANUAL. Everything you have ever been taught about riding a bike on the street is WRONG according to the Indiana BMV :rolleyes: Like they want you to ride in the center of the lane for example. You know, where oil, gas, grease, antifreeze, transmission fluid all end up. Also their position while in a curve is backward from where you would actually ride.

At least that was how it was back when our bikes were one horse power with a tail ;)

Top Bottom