• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I own 2 safes - they are well built, not fireproof and cost me less than $400 each on sale. I do not worry about fireproofing since if the house burns down my homeowners insurance covers me AND I am not married to any one of my guns in particular so the loss would not break my heart....:twocents:
    While not breaking your heart, it may break the bank to have to replace your guns as well as everything else that isn't covered by homeowners insurance.

strut70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    columbus
    Definatly buy bigger than you think you will need....I bought a Nice Johnson safe and thought i could never use all the space in it.......9 mo. later i,m outta room

SpeedwayShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    For a first budget conscious but very good quality safe, this one can't be beat, especially if you plan to have both rifles and handguns in it. It has a decent fire rating, is heavy (almost 300lbs empty), and well-made. It probably won't be the same safe that you are using 20 years from now but is definitely a great safe for someone getting more involved in firearms. It fits your budget and you won't find a better deal for what you get than Lowe's current pricing on it.

Shop Centurion by Liberty Safe 12 Cu. Ft. Black Gun Safe at Lowes.com

liberty_safe_centurion_12_gun_fireproof_safe_p1__0.jpg

index.jsp

Bought this one at Gander Mountain about 3 months ago. Also got the electrical kit and put lighting inside it. Paid 400 after tax on sale. Very happy with it!

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    While not breaking your heart, it may break the bank to have to replace your guns as well as everything else that isn't covered by homeowners insurance.

My homeowners insurance covers everything I own - repacement value. why the hell have insurance if it does not cover everything???:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Buy a good policy or don;t buy it at all:twocents:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My homeowners insurance covers everything I own - repacement value. why the hell have insurance if it does not cover everything???:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Buy a good policy or don;t buy it at all:twocents:
    The ONLY way a homeowners policy will cover guns in the state of IN is with a rider requiring at minimum serial numbers to be on file and listed. I certainly hope you didn't fall for this backdoor registration scheme. Don't believe me, call your agent and ask. Additional useless info about home ownership....You do NOT own your home and never can, check the deed to your property and you will find yourself listed as "tenant" whether the bank holds a lien or you own outright....inescapable facts of life in the USA.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    The ONLY way a homeowners policy will cover guns in the state of IN is with a rider requiring at minimum serial numbers to be on file and listed. I certainly hope you didn't fall for this backdoor registration scheme. Don't believe me, call your agent and ask. Additional useless info about home ownership....You do NOT own your home and never can, check the deed to your property and you will find yourself listed as "tenant" whether the bank holds a lien or you own outright....inescapable facts of life in the USA.

If my house burns to the ground my agency will cut me a check to rebuild my house AND cut me a second check for $300,000 to cover the contents of my house. That will more than replace everything I own and my guns. My policy is not cheap mind you.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    If my house burns to the ground my agency will cut me a check to rebuild my house AND cut me a second check for $300,000 to cover the contents of my house. That will more than replace everything I own and my guns. My policy is not cheap mind you.

You might want to pull out your policy and read it carefully. 99% of Home Owners Policies will have limits on fire arms, paintings, jewelry, cash, ect. To properly cover your firearms, you must schedule them onto the policy.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    You might want to pull out your policy and read it carefully. 99% of Home Owners Policies will have limits on fire arms, paintings, jewelry, cash, ect. To properly cover your firearms, you must schedule them onto the policy.

That is true for a theft - not for a total loss due to fire/tornado. At least not with my policy. I am not concerned about theft. I have safes bolted to ground and 2 big dogs. All I care about is if am I covered for a total loss. If I endure a total loss i get a check for 300K to cover dwelling contents - again - this will allow me to replace everything.

For a theft I do need to have them scheduled or it is just $2000 that is covered. I am specifically referring to "total loss of property."

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I own a Johnson safe and love it. Jeff is local and will deliver and set up. He is also an INGO Site Supporter.

Give him a call and tell him INGO sent ya! :ingo:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That is true for a theft - not for a total loss due to fire/tornado. At least not with my policy. I am not concerned about theft. I have safes bolted to ground and 2 big dogs. All I care about is if am I covered for a total loss. If I endure a total loss i get a check for 300K to cover dwelling contents - again - this will allow me to replace everything.

For a theft I do need to have them scheduled or it is just $2000 that is covered. I am specifically referring to "total loss of property."
    Same for my policy. There is a $5k limit on what it will cover for theft. But ALL contents are insured against fire/tornado etc...

I encourage everybody to read your insurance policy just to be sure what is and isn't covered.

Top Bottom