• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 450BMFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I am currently shopping for a new knife for EDC. My current EDC is a ZT 0301 I love this knife it is just a tad bit too big sometimes and I also want something new. I've been happy with this ZT it was my first and it hasn't let me down in any way. What are some goodies out there in the $200 and under price range? Must be a folder / prefer flipper but I am intrigued by the Auto knives just not OTF. Thanks in advance for the help

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I gave my groomsmen and a old buddy from the Corps 0350s recently. They all love them and say they carry well. I was surprised at how small they felt in my pocket when I tried one out.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I gave my groomsmen and a old buddy from the Corps 0350s recently. They all love them and say they carry well. I was surprised at how small they felt in my pocket when I tried one out.

Amongst my carry knives, I have an 0350 composite, a Kershaw Rake composite, a Kershaw Leek composite, and a Kershaw Junk Yard Dog composite. (anyone else sense a pattern??)

The Rake and the 0350 are my most carried knives for sure, due to "perfect size" - with the 0350 getting the nod for "most carried" - though I'm toting the Rake this week.

While I love the looks and workmanship of the majority of the ZT line - in my line of work - most of their knives really are just too big than what I'm comfortable with. And - as with so many other things - you've got to memorize their numbering system in order to know where each model is on the "size chart". No way to know that a 300/301 is larger than an 0350 - because the model #s are counter-intuitive.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Amongst my carry knives, I have an 0350 composite, a Kershaw Rake composite, a Kershaw Leek composite, and a Kershaw Junk Yard Dog composite. (anyone else sense a pattern??)

The Rake and the 0350 are my most carried knives for sure, due to "perfect size" - with the 0350 getting the nod for "most carried" - though I'm toting the Rake this week.

While I love the looks and workmanship of the majority of the ZT line - in my line of work - most of their knives really are just too big than what I'm comfortable with. And - as with so many other things - you've got to memorize their numbering system in order to know where each model is on the "size chart". No way to know that a 300/301 is larger than an 0350 - because the model #s are counter-intuitive.

We are talking about knives, not firearm calibers. :):

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    my all time favorite carry knife is an al mar sere 2000. got em on amazon for 195.50, well under the 200$ price range.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I was all set on a zt 0350, but was thinking about an 0566. Brad was good enough to bring a one of each for me to sample. I ended up with the 0566 as I thought it would carry a little better than the 0350. It seemed to sit lower in the pocket and is thinner too. I've carried it most of the time since I've purchased it and am quite impressed. I am still wanting a 0350 though, along with many other zt offerings.

Last edited:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    How do we all feel about auto knives? With a 3 year old at home? Makes me a little nervous.

I think they should be banned. As should all assault weapons, especially the evil black ones. Just like no one needs an assault weapon, no one needs an auto knife.

Insert purple throughout post.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    How about a Spyderco Domino they are less than $200. The knife runs on Spyderco's ball bearing system and is a sweet flipper, with a titanium framelock with stainless steel lockbar insert. It is running premium CTS-XHP steel witch will hold a good edge a long time. It is a reasonable size for EDC and the new blue carbon fiber edition is great looking. And as a huge plus out dealer Brad happens to have some.

And for Brads benefit another TNP video!
    [video=youtube;6AkkRAkx9h0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AkkRAkx9h0[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    How about a Spyderco Domino they are less than $200. The knife runs on Spyderco's ball bearing system and is a sweet flipper, with a titanium framelock with stainless steel lockbar insert. It is running premium CTS-XHP steel witch will hold a good edge a long time. It is a reasonable size for EDC and the new blue carbon fiber edition is great looking. And as a huge plus out dealer Brad happens to have some.

If only they would make it in a MAN'S SIZE (4 inch blade or bigger). If only . . .

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Leek composite is about my favorite edc for my work place where I don't like to have a big scary looking knife, and kershaw composite rake for outside of work. Cpm d2 is a nice cutting edge on the kershaw composites, and I always think their knives are well put together and not too expensive to actually beat on and use.

Top Bottom