• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I thought I just saw a very long thread on this topic. On this forum too I believe. The short answer seemed to be, no. Some details would help you get an answer perhaps.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm too lazy to look up the threads but there are plenty of posts about this. Simple, if doing an interstate transfer you have to use a FFL dealer. Find a local one in your area who will accept the gun you are willing to buy and work with the out of state buyer to send it to your FFL. Fees are usually involved for the FFL's time.

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I bought a gun from Gander in Coldwater MI and they had to ship it to their store near me in Indy. The strange thing is that I paid for it in MI without a background check. Not until I picked it up did they do a background. Seemed backwards.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I bought a gun from Gander in Coldwater MI and they had to ship it to their store near me in Indy. The strange thing is that I paid for it in MI without a background check. Not until I picked it up did they do a background. Seemed backwards.

That's how it works. When you buy a gun on gunbroker, you pay the seller. Seller ships to a FFL. You fill out the paperwork and pay the transfer fee when you pick it up from the FFL.

semiautosniper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    definitely not illegal if you go through a FFL from that other state who transfers the gun to an in-state FFL, who charges you fee for the process, and then transfer it to you.

Top Bottom