• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    The LCP is great for a carry, i had mine in my IWB Sunday and no one knew! I spent weeks studying the sizes of the reasonably priced guns out there and decided on the LCP.

I added a 2+ extension and it fits really well for my hands plus I now have 8 rounds in the LCP, and I added the Crimson Laser and it just makes sense,

For a woman, my .02

Ruger LCP @ = $307
    Taurus 709 slim @ = $350
    Karh CM9 @ = $400
    Karh PM9 @ = $525

My LCP
    lcp830_filtered.jpg

Next to the Glock 19
    glock19rugerlcp3.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    CZ-82 Makarov anyone got any info on this? cheaper ammo than the 380 ammo!

CZ makes a great line of firearms. Very trust worthy. I had a PA-63 for years which shot a 9x18 AKA makarov 9mm. Its a good round but I would still do either of these... Look deeper into 9mm for availability but more importantly take her to the gun store and handle a few.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The LCP is great for a carry, i had mine in my IWB Sunday and no one knew! I spent weeks studying the sizes of the reasonably priced guns out there and decided on the LCP.
    snip

Cathy really likes the LCP, especially in regards to the "finding a way to carry in a dress" problem I mentioned a couple posts ago. She likes the Sig P238 better, but it won't fit in her bra... and it would take me twice as long to be able to afford a P238, too!

A mini-.380 like that is NOT a beginners gun, though, IMHO. Hard to shoot well even for some experienced shooters. Still, given the choice between no gun, and a little pocket gun like that, it's easy to see which is better.

Cathy's .45 does fit in the holster pocket of her purse, but while purse carry is also better than no carry, it's far from ideal, and there she does think the .45 is far too heavy. She likes my XD9sc in there, though. I keep having to slap her hands away from it... Cathy REALLY liked her XD9 Tactical.

For folks who like the feel of the 1911 but want a smaller, lighter carry gun, I would recommend checking out the XD9sc. The XD9 grip was modeled to closely resemble the feel of the 1911, and is an excellent gun in it's own right. the 9sc is my every day carry, and it's proven to be a very easy to carry and conceal gun. 700 rounds through it now, still no stutters.

Top Bottom