• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    They can easily find another venue. Guess somebody just lost a lot of money because of anti-gun bandwagonry.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'm not surprised but I get the feeling that Reed has more going for them than SHOT Show. I wonder how large of a financial hit that is though...

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    from their website...

We have a growing portfolio of 500 events in 39 countries, including trade and consumer exhibitions, conferences and meetings, ranging across 44 industry sectors – from aerospace and aviation to beauty and cosmetics to sports and recreation.

Guessing they aren't going away...but bravo for the Shot show showing them the door.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Read more carefully. Getting rid of Reed has no correlation to the show's continuance. There is no shortage of trade show producers who will be glad to add this money-maker to their portfolio. This is a good move by the NSSF and a positive statement for anyone who champions our gun rights.

Good for them.

ETA: Reading some of the responses above....Reed is a fairly large trade show management company but definitely not one of the huge players. I work in this industry and you can be sure that the NSSF already knew they were using to replace Reed before they severed ties with them. The SHOT Show will be fine, Reed will be fine, and the only one who really wins is you and I. This is a good thing.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Well Reed lost Harrisburg and the shot now haven't they? That is a couple of pretty big hits for Reed and they deserve it. Now they should go promote a hot rod show and outlaw the display of gas powered engines.

Top Bottom