• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    One annoying thing you may run into is some dealers will not send directly to you or any other C&R holder even though it is perfectly legal. Also don't get hung on to the prices of C&R's of the days past. Those days are long gone! Find good examples of C&R's then upgrade those examples when you can. Then get rid of the lesser examples. Get on the common auctions sites and see what you can shake loose. Have fun and good luck emptying your bank account.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One other thing I didn't see mentioned. When you get your C&R, do NOT sign the original! Make a bunch of copies, and use those to sign and keep your original in a safe place (like a safe). I actually keep a scanned copy of both signed and unsigned on my computer, so if I need to send a copy to say, a seller on Gunbroker, I can just attach it in an email and it's good to go (for most - there are exceptions as Gunaria mentioned). I also keep some unsigned hard copies in my gun show backpack and take my bound book with me when I go to shows. Makes it easier to get the seller's (or buyer's) info and enter it in the book right then and there.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've turned to estate auctions to grow my C&R collection. Google can find you auctions all over the country that allow internet bidding. Unfortunately the last two purchases have not gone smoothly.
    The 1st win was a 1917. She's a beauty but was in California. It took a month to get it out of that commie state due to CA DOJ rules. Little Johns was very good at communicating their frustrations with CA DOJ.
    The 2nd win was a Yugo SKS in decent shape. There's something about that flat folding bayonet that I like. It's been 6 weeks now and I cannot get the damn Millard Auction house in Oregon to ship me the rifle. I've opened a complaint against them about a week ago and got a reply that it shipped on the 28th. They promised a tracking #. Nothing yet. No communications from them to my local FFL either. Another week with no rifle nor coms and I'll start a challenge with my credit card company.

Top Bottom