• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GC Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    I recieved my C&R license back in May with a letter saying they were going to be mailing publications and an intial supply of forms. I never recieved anything so I called the number. The person I talked to seem to understand what I needed, but all I got was another apllication.
    Does anyone know if they are still sending out a "starter kit" or is there a local office that maybe be able to help with what I need?

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I recieved my C&R license back in May with a letter saying they were going to be mailing publications and an intial supply of forms. I never recieved anything so I called the number. The person I talked to seem to understand what I needed, but all I got was another apllication.
    Does anyone know if they are still sending out a "starter kit" or is there a local office that maybe be able to help with what I need?

Mine was delayed so far after receiving the license that I thought they forgot about it LOL

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Starter Kit! :dunno: You can not trust those guys! They will tell you anything you want to hear and promise the world! After 10 years I just gave up. :D

I never got a "Starter Kit" and some of the books took a long time to show up. The state laws are now on a CD. The state laws are always behind. We will get the 2009 laws sometime this year, in 2010.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    The "starter kit" is just a copy of the ATFe rules and regs. As far as forms, the only form you may need is for change of address or stolen/lost firearms. 98% of what they send you is for FFL01. If you want a copy of the CD or forms let me know and I can mail/email them to you.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Well you also need that silly little handout that you're supposed to give to a non-licensed buyer of any C&R handgun you sell... but that one you can download.

When mine came, it was a copy of the federal regs, the state reg's CD, and a wad of forms.... half of the forms they meant to send had a Xerox insert to tell me they were out of them.:n00b:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    What do you guys use as a bound book?
    I printed several forms using Excel and put them into a binder like this one:
    23391p_01.jpg

ACCO Pressboard Side Hinge Report Covers

I then used heavy tape over the tabs so they could not be opened easly.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For a Bound Book some friends and I use a Composition Book. Yes the old School Composition Book and hand write the pages in. If you do a lot of buying and selling it can get old. If I had a PC when I first got mine I would of done something on it in Excel and printed off pages for a binder like AFA1CY did. Something I still might do!:)

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I found a PDF online and printed it out 20 times at work... stuck it in a notebook along with my original C&R and the copies for signing.

GC Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Thanks for the help. I was under the impression that you had to use a special bound book.

Do you have to list the guns you had before you got your license?
    Do you have to list any guns in your bound book that aren't C&R eligible?

Last edited:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    no, and no.

But you DO have to list all C&R eligible guns you buy now, whether you used your C&R or not. I.e., if you go buy an Arisaka at the gun show this weekend from someone FTF, you would still need to enter that in your bound book.

Top Bottom