• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I will update this as I get the info. However, for those interested in time frames here is my anecdotal story.

Dec 19th, 2012 - Mailed in C&R Renewal. Dropped copy at Sheriffs ofc.
    Dec 28th, 2012 - BATFE cashed my $30 check.

I'll let you know when the license arrives.

In the past they have been very good about return times. My license doesn't expire until March 1st, 2013.

Regards,

Doug

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I had noticed on the renewal, they want to know how many guns you have bought within the past 3 years and how many you sold. First time I ever saw that on a renewal.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Do they send a renewal notice or is it up to me to keep track of when it expires?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I had noticed on the renewal, they want to know how many guns you have bought within the past 3 years and how many you sold. First time I ever saw that on a renewal.

I didn't pay much attention but I thought they asked this the last time I renewed. Maybe not. This time I only bought two (2) and sold none.

Do they send a renewal notice or is it up to me to keep track of when it expires?

The BATFE actually runs this program pretty well. They send out the renewal packet about three (3) monthes before the license expires. The last time I didn't get mine sent out until early February. Then it took about five (5) weeks for the license to arrive.

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    BEHOLD!

To All,

Today Monday, January 28th 2013, sometime before high noon my C&R arrived!:rockwoot:

Now it even comes with a little business card I can cut out and laminate!:D

I am so thrilled I almost wet myself. Well... not quite, but I glad to get this in.

I hope this small tale helps others get a better guess as to what timeline you are looking at.

Regards,

Doug (good now through 1 March 2016)

Last edited:

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just don't do like I did and put the renewal papers in the drawer and then realize a few days after the expiration I forgot to send them in.
    I called immediately and they told me I have to start all over with the paperwork. Just like I never had one in the first place. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    You should celebrate by buying yourself a new safe....a big one.:D

David,

I already have a safe. It is almost full. I can't afford a new one now. Even if I could the next model up may(?) not squeeze through the door where I want it.

However, I am hoping this year will be a big turn around for me. So we shall see.

Regards,

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't remember giving anything to the sheriff's office when I got my C&R. Not saying I didn't, but I don't remember it... :): Mine's good through February of 2015.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I don't remember giving anything to the sheriff's office when I got my C&R. Not saying I didn't, but I don't remember it... :): Mine's good through February of 2015.

When you mail the application to the ATF you are suposed to send a copy to your CLEO. What they do with it is up to them, I don't think they are even required to keep it, but you are required to send it to them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When you mail the application to the ATF you are suposed to send a copy to your CLEO. What they do with it is up to them, I don't think they are even required to keep it, but you are required to send it to them.

I think my CLEO, Rusty, uses them as toilet paper. :(

I'm sorry, call me stooopid, but C&R??

Curio & Relic license - FFL03. The license allows for the buying and selling of firearms 50 years or older or those that have collectable value (e.g. CZ82 :rockwoot:). One has to submit paperwork to the BATFE and $30 in exchange for a 3 year license. The license allows you to bypass all background checks and transfer nonsense. Rifles and handguns shipped to you door! :alright::delivery:

The downside is the record keeping requirements.

rogerdt99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    I applied for mine in early December and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I cannot find hardly anything in stock at the usual dealers. I would like to add some Mosin Nagants to the collection, but all anyone seems to have are the pricier sniper models.

Top Bottom