C39v2 - WASR - YUGO - DDI - VEPR (***) What for my first AK ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Was not a fan of the AK but was worried about that evil person getting elected so looked around for a AK got the century 39v2 have shot about 1000 rounds what a great rifle no peening of the bolt no problems at all. It is all wood and very happy with my AK name Hillary

Well I have the itch.....I will admit I was wrong if it fails but I will by the American made AK from Century.

For now, I will take that chance.

The Deed is done...$730 with FFL.

Let the Butt Hurt Commence.

:)

Last edited:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just a side note. In my research, went many places but one of the 'roughest' was the AK Files... finally got in and posted my question. Too late of course as it took many days but nonetheless.....there is some interesting stuff in the thread. In summary they agree with the majority here on the C39V2.....oh well I am stuck now..

New to AK's and I just bought one.....a CIA....a C39V2....now wait just a second.. - The AK Files Forums
    That was some grade A trolling over there. Well done :thumbsup:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow...that place is nothing but groupthink from basement-dwelling fanboys.

"...the WASR is a proper Romanian WAR rifle..."
    Interesting...just how many wars has Romania won lately?

"...American-built AKs are junk, only COM-BLOK rifles will go the distance..."
    What are these guys doing with their WASRs? There are dozens of youtube torture tests out there...and pretty much every one debunks the magical reliability of the AK platform. They don't run full of sand or mud, they aren't terribly accurate, and ammo isn't especially cheap.

My gun safe hold two Garands, an M1A, three ARs and an 1894 Winchester...and I would press any of those into "service" if needed, before ever thinking of grabbing a WASR.

Every WASR I have ever held was finished like crap, and barely kept rounds on paper...to each their own, I guess.

I'd still be glad to meet you up at Winimac and spend the day shooting our American-made crap!

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Yeah its been a blast..... I have had to bite my tongue some but I have big shoulders.....btw its ongoing, I just can not help myself. The oddest part is the inherent 'silence'. Some members are just scared to death to post anything that will get the pack on them...... To me it is fun...... I could give a hoot less at this point about the C39V2, I will enjoy shooting it and for what I need it for it will be fine. I still will get a stamped one someday to check that legendary accuracy of the AK.

Cheers

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Wow some people have pretty vulgar opinions over there. If you aren't like minded then most of them are ready to pounce on you. Hope your C39 holds up alright, if it doesn't then you better lie and say that it did. LOL

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Wow some people have pretty vulgar opinions over there. If you aren't like minded then most of them are ready to pounce on you. Hope your C39 holds up alright, if it doesn't then you better lie and say that it did. LOL

No worries, if it is junk I will be happy to report it as such. The story about these particular rifles is just amazing when you dig into it. After reading the comment on MAC's review, I am even more happy I bought it. I would like to hope CIA fixed the heat treat issues. It is the customer service that worries me, as that seems to be hit and miss also.

Cheers!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co

the AKFiles is a wasteland. They can have good info but you have to wade through an ocean of $h!+ to get to it, and the market place is pretty decent.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    the AKFiles is a wasteland. They can have good info but you have to wade through an ocean of $h!+ to get to it, and the market place is pretty decent.

It's no worse than AR15.com. Personally, I'd take a WASR long before any of the commercial large scale made US AKM rifles. But at the same time, there's probably nothing wrong with the US built AKM's, as no one is likely to run 10K+ rounds through them in a lifetime.

whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    keep us posted if you could. i have a yugo and love it (although im fairly new to aks) but i really like the c39v2 from a price standpoint and supporting american jobs but have not been able to convince myself to pull the trigger due to mixed reviews from big names

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    keep us posted if you could. i have a yugo and love it (although im fairly new to aks) but i really like the c39v2 from a price standpoint and supporting american jobs but have not been able to convince myself to pull the trigger due to mixed reviews from big names
    Have you considered starting a couple threads here and elsewhere asking for input? :cool:

whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    ive thought about it but with me being under 50 post i dont want to ask stupid questions or beat a dead horse seems like some people on here call that out even if thats not the original intention.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Have you considered starting a couple threads here and elsewhere asking for input? :cool:

I have one here and learned a lot. This is it and of course this one: It was much longer.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/432894-your-thoughts-5-56mm-ak.html

ive thought about it but with me being under 50 post i dont want to ask stupid questions or beat a dead horse seems like some people on here call that out even if thats not the original intention.

This is a great place ask away, if you are here you already have thick skin. No worries.

Picked up my C39V2 today, review to come later but I like it. I held a RAS47 and this one and there is no comparison in my mind but I have not shot it. I did hear that the gun store said those that had it that he knew of loved it.

Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a Yugo under folder a early 70's WASR a Zastava and also a C39V2 and a RAS47 and I have shot all of them a lot and never had one issue out of any of them I know Century has a bad rep with some people but I like to form my own opinion for myself from my personal experience... I also have a Maadi and I like it the best but they are getting harder to find... if I was you I would probably get a Zastava. check out You tube for reviews on AK's your considering it may help you out... good luck.

Top Bottom