CA: LAPD blows up seized fireworks, destroy containment truck and POVs, damage neighborhood homes, injure 17

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This says what they actually blew up was not the fireworks but "improvised explosives" found with the fireworks.

17 hurt in explosion after LAPD illegal fireworks detonation - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Officers also found improvised explosive devices with simple fuses — about 40 the size of Coke cans and 200 smaller objects of similar construction — and conducted X-rays to determine their contents.

Less than 10 pounds of the devices were transferred into a semitruck, which Moore said was rated, with its outer containment shell, to handle 18 pounds. Officials established a 300-foot perimeter behind the vehicle and evacuated the north and south sides of 27th Street.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Demo expert - "Trust me, I know what I am doing."

I can't believe they couldn't take that truck to a less populated area!
    I believe thats the point of the truck. Its supposed to be able to contain it so that you can detonate anywhere.

Kinda like a modified semi trailer engineered to be a mobile handgun shooting range.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Obviously a miscalculation on someone's part.. Ineptitude surrounds us, never forget that. They may have been better off to let the "expert" they seized the stuff from blow himself up. He probably wouldn't have injured as many of his neighbors.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Paging Mr. Stein... Mr. Frank_N_Stein... please pick up the white courtesy phone. There is an EOD question. Whu happened??

Top Bottom