• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Third Uber ride complete. $7 as it was a "surge" time. Took him 2 mins to get to us and he called to say he is coming. He works a corporate job full time and picks up cash doing Uber on the side. Honda Civic this time. Last one was an Armada.

We are using uber X, the cheaper version. There are two higher categories if you want nicer vehicles. I say "meh" on that. Valet parking at our hotel is $25/day. You guys need to try out uber on vacations.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Fourth ride now, guy from LA, currently living in Guatemala. His wife and kids there, he drives 16-18h a day, 7 days a week. Makes around $1500/week, helping his family financial situation by working hard then going there with them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Next Uber ride in progress. Enrique took 30 seconds to arrive from time I asked for the ride. Incredible. Another Honda Civic.

Headed to Mangoes thanks to Femurphy for the tip!

cab quote was $9.50 online. Uber was $5.33

from dinner, it's $45 to Miami airport with cab
    Uber quotes $17-23

i tipped the driver from the airport to Miami, but it's not expected. I didn't even have my wallet these last three rides. The app does it.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So we are headed back to Lauderdale. Our driver is 5 mins out, she's the same one who brought us down from there Friday! Heh.

there are "surge times" with Uber where the fares go up due to supply/demand. We had one ride that was 2.7X standard fare. You have to agree with it before you ask for ride. I looked at the fare and it was a 1.4X bump, I looked 10 mins later and it was back to regular. We went everywhere we wanted this trip and did not rent a car. Probably saved $100 or so and didn't have to go pick up/drop off, rents car, look for parking, etc.

$33 to get back to airport, dropped off at curb for our airline. Sweet. With first ride $30 off code, it cost us $37 round trip from FT Lauderdale airport to south beach, Miami.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom