• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I'm planning on taking a trip to Cabela's in the next couple months and wasn't sure which store was better or if they were the same set up? I've been to Dundee, but that was before I was into guns so I don't recall what they had. I'm not really in the market for guns, but I would like to see what reloading stuff they had. Has anyone made a trip to either store?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Dundee is a bigger store. Hammond has fewer long guns and a smaller gun library. If you're looking for something special call ahead and they can tell you if that have one. Was in the Wheeling, WV library talking to the manager last night.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've only been there once, but I can say that I walked into the Dundee Cabela's to buy my deer rifle, a Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt.
    I was stunned by how much they had their, both guns and other outdoor gear.
    They treated me right, the transaction went smoothly and quickly, and I left with my new Marlin in hand, very happy.
    Just don't bring too much money, or you'll be sorely tempted to spend it all!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I've only been there once, but I can say that I walked into the Dundee Cabela's to buy my deer rifle, a Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt.
    I was stunned by how much they had their, both guns and other outdoor gear.
    They treated me right, the transaction went smoothly and quickly, and I left with my new Marlin in hand, very happy.
    Just don't bring too much money, or you'll be sorely tempted to spend it all!

To clarify, did you walk in as an Indiana resident and walk out with the rifle? No waiting period? I know Illinois residents have waiting periods.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    To clarify, did you walk in as an Indiana resident and walk out with the rifle? No waiting period? I know Illinois residents have waiting periods.

I walked out within minutes, with the only delay being the now customary NICS call for the background check.
    I assure you that Hoosiers or others not from states with laws similar to Illinois' ridiculously unconstitutional travesty will be in an out, assuming (of course) that they pass the NICS.
    I don't know if Illinois' ridiculous laws apply to purchases made in other states, but it wouldn't surprise me, since they have the abomination that is the FOID (Firearm Owners Identification) card.

Top Bottom