• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I stopped by Cabelas in Hammond last night. Last week they had the Highpoint 995 carbine with forwards grip on sale for $199 out the door.

this week it's not bad at $224 but I was not happy I missed the sale!

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Yea I have waited to long before to get on some of there ammo deals, but there will also be other days that will be a sale. A good price today will be a good price tomorrow.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Cabelas in Hammond ALWAYS makes me cry! Having a store in Indiana makes me pay sales tax on my web orders even though I couldn't be any farther away.:cool:

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Cabelas made me me cry when the chose to not develop the Greenwood site. Like mammynun said, we pay the extra tax and the only way we can get to enjoy it is by getting 3 buddies with 3 guns each to ride shotgun when you visit the store. Oh well, I would probably be in the poor house if I had easier access!

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Cabelas in Hammond ALWAYS makes me cry! Having a store in Indiana makes me pay sales tax on my web orders even though I couldn't be any farther away.:cool:

:laugh: Tell me about it, It is just far enough away that I still have to order and pay shipping and pay stupid sales tax.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    cabelas

I cry every time I pick up thier catalog. JEEEEEZ who pays this much for this stuff.:laugh: wanna 5 dollar Rapala for 10.50 plus shipping :dunno:

Im glad they work for some folks.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I stopped by Cabelas in Hammond last night. Last week they had the Highpoint 995 carbine with forwards grip on sale for $199 out the door.

this week it's not bad at $224 but I was not happy I missed the sale!

WOW...and I thought I got a good deal this past summer when I went there and bought one for $224.95 + tax.
    $199.00 is cheaper then I saw used ones going for.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I'm with indyk on their prices. I keep the catalog in the bathroom for reading material next to the boys Lego catalogs.

Merry Christmas everyone!

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    i live 5 minutes from there. they own my soul.

trick is to check on there website first then print out the price of what you want because on alot of more expensive items the prices online are significantly cheaper than in store. I got a cap and ball revolver that was retailed at the store for 269.99 for 199.99 because they price match their website, plus i had a $20 off online coupon they honored in store. so ended up 179.99 great deal i thought.

cabelas isn't the greatest to buy stuff from but it helps to know what to look for.

their prices are hit or miss. i bought a firstarter from cabelas that was actually a few bucks cheaper than cheaperthandirt.com. that kind of deal is tough to find in cabelas though.

for me though it's convenience so i don't mind paying a little more for certain things. but i still know what is too much.

Top Bottom