• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    The Hammond Cabelas literally removed the entire handgun ammo isle and all the shelves. I'm not expecting them to restock anytime soon.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Strategy to get ammo

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this MOD's.
    Just wondering if anyone's been to Cabela's since the "end of times", and if re-stocking has begun? In particular typical handgun ammo, 9mm, .380, as well as firearms?

Last time we had an ammo shortage there were 3 pieces of advice:

• Call them and ask if they have what you want in stock, and if no
    • Ask them when day/time they receive their ammo, then
    • Get there early that day and by what you can

Unless you are extremely lucky, posting here will get you empty pockets unless things change soon, which is not likely.

Everytime I hear there is no ammo, I have a strong craving to top off my supplies.

rawbeervoter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 13, 2020
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I was in Cabelas about a week ago. I took a number, waited for about 30 minutes, asked if I could put an order in for a particular firearm. I waited half an hour to get told "no, they cannot put in any special orders" due to high demand.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Got the go ahead a few months back to get a new 9mm but held off because 9mm ammo was not to be found; at a reasonable price. Once the shelves get filled, I may reconsider a new handgun.

Is this the way we should be thinking? If there is no ammo for it, you should be able to buy the gun for less.

Just a thought.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    i have talked with company reps and they stated that it will be 6-8 weeks befor they may be able to catch up on back orders on most hand guns and start shipping to retail outlets.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    The local Academy has shot gun shells, no pistol ammo, no 5.56. The did have some hunting rifle loads, interestingly they had a ton of 243 .

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Have been hitting my local Cabelas regularly as they completely stopped answering the phone at the gun dept.
    Did score 1k federal 223 10-15 days ago for $8/20 and 5k CCI 450 SM/RFL at $4/1k and they had 1k left after me. Absolutely no powder what so ever. Plenty of brass and bullets though.

Can still easily find bulk 9mm and 224 bullets and brass on line at decent prices and bought a bunch just in case.
    Swore BAMG after the last panic I would NEVER again worry about mags, ammo or reloading components. Glad I did what I did.

I feel this time things are different and this is going to be much longer term then last time.

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Stopped at Kempf's in Michigan City. Plenty of powder in stock along with reloading supplies on hand. Bought what I had been looking for, without having to put it on back order.

Top Bottom