• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    My Eagles Lodge has new Xfinity cable service. 4 cable tuner boxes to 8 tvs. All work good except the line to a Mitsubishi HC1600 ceiling mounted projection tv. That tv picture is very snowy. Its cable box is shared with another tv that is nice and clear. I volunteered to try and fix it. Spent hours today with no success.

The picture to this tv has been snowy even before the new system although about 2 years ago it played clear.

We run the cable to a vcr and back out to the projector using the yellow video feed. There is no coax cable plug on the tv so we have rca adaptors on the ends of a coax cable from the vcr to the yellow video in. The picture is very snowy but we know it is close as you can make out the picture somewhat. All cables have been double checked for tightness.

Then we were told by an Xfinity guy we need an Rf modulator. We had one so we hooked it up. no picture.

Went and bought a new one and no help.

Might you know what is needed to make this projection tv work?

Here is a picture of the back of the projector.

Thanks for any help.

View attachment 49094

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I find the RG coax to RCA suspect. I dont know for sure but that could be part of the problem.

I've never tried it but there could be an issue with it.

Take the projector down and connect it directly with a spare RCA cable possibly to test?

And I agree with Indycar. That would be the first thing to test.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    What type of coax cable are you using? If its a very long run you probably want to use a good quality rg-6 cable to cut down on signal loss. Make sure there's no hard kinks or damage to the cable. Also check that its not running along side any A/C lines, that could cause interference in cable with poor shielding.

Last edited:

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Is there an HDMI out on the cable box? Most new ones have it.

Yes there is...
    Talked to a high end tv equipment guy today. He said run a line from the cable box hdmi to the hdmi on the back of the projection tv. I need about 85 ft so I bought a 100 ft cable with built in booster today from Amazon. $73
    I will test it this weekend.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    Cross your fingers.

Top Bottom