• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    How long did it take for you guys to receive you VZ 2008's? I ordered mine on 7/7/2014 from palmetto state armory and it still says my order is processing. I know it takes them a while to ship. I ordered a Romanian AES-10b last sunday from J and G Sales and I am picking it up today, only took a week. Cant wait to get my VZ 2008, wanted one for a long time and at $399, couldnt resist!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How long did it take for you guys to receive you VZ 2008's? I ordered mine on 7/7/2014 from palmetto state armory and it still says my order is processing. I know it takes them a while to ship. I ordered a Romanian AES-10b last sunday from J and G Sales and I am picking it up today, only took a week. Cant wait to get my VZ 2008, wanted one for a long time and at $399, couldnt resist!
    Took about 18 calendar days to receive mine. They shipped on the 10th business day after I placed my order (placed on a Friday evening).

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Bummer it takes that long. I'll have allready paid the cc bill before I get the rifle. I have always been happy with the quality of the items I have received from Palmetto State Armory, but their shipping leaves little to be desired!

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Okay so I actually picked mine up last week, just didn't get around to posting pics.

Here she is!

With the goodies:
    e6xa8y.jpg

I replaced the sling mine came with, with a NIP surplus canvas one I got on Ebay. The sling mine came with is the newer stiff nylon and the leather piece had a big slash in it right under where the metal stud secures the two sides. It looks like it could tear through and the sling would come off, so I replaced it. I prefer the look and feel of the older canvas ones anyways.
    1zyze5g.jpg

I replaced the incorrect slanted muzzle brake with the Slovakian Style one from CNC Warrior. I did have to order an M14x1RH die off of Amazon and chase the muzzle threads, but it goes on nice and easy now. Looks better IMO as well.
    b3uc7k.jpg

The new brake does make the bayonet a bit awkward, but not like I need it anyway. The tip was broken off of the bayonet mine came with, but a few minutes with the Work Sharp fixed that up. The bayonet also would not go on after I got it, the underside of the lug was a bit rough and had some extra metal. A Dremel sanding drum and a coat of black Rustoleum did the trick. Now it goes on real easy, and actually is loose enough to wobble a bit. I think that's just the design though because I didn't grind a lot, I really just cleaned the lug up. I also did a basic, black paracord wrap on the stock.
    66m4vp.jpg

2gt296q.jpg

I haven't been able to shoot it yet. Hopefully within the next few weeks. I really like the look and feel. The action is smooth and clean, and the fit and finish is great.

I also picked up a converted 10 round magazine from a seller on Ebay. It was expensive but I wanted to be able to shoot off of a bench sometimes.

Hopefully its a smooth shooter and doesn't hurt my cheek too much. I really like the look of the folder, and fixed stocks are really expensive. I did notice, however, that with the sling on and around your neck (think rifle necklace) you can actually bring the rifle to your cheek in such a way that the sling will lay along the stock and provide somewhat of a cushion/barrier between your face and the stock. That technique coupled with the new muzzle brake, paracord wrap, and softer canvas sling means I should be good to go!

Really quite impressed with this rifle so far!

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    So with the new AK EO, is this going to be the replacement for AK lovers? I ordered one recently btw and its en route.

It's not an AK exuctive order, its a Kalashnikov Concern one. Meaning if its not Russian, its good to go (Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia / Yugo, Hungary, Poland, etc......). Not trying to down play it because it totally sucks donkey dick, but there will still be AK's coming into the states as well as a growing number of them being produced domestically.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    I think between Century and Arsenal, most "new" AK's being sold on the market are either Romanian, Polish, or Bulgarian. Saiga no doubt accounts for a significant marketshare as well, but won't be the end of the AK market.

HOWEVER, if President Sh*thead can do it once, and get away with it, he'll no doubt do it again. Or one of his loser follow-ons. Just Imagine what Hillary would do as her second spin as President...

We all need to contact our congressmen/women and demand an end to this madness.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I replaced the incorrect slanted muzzle brake with the Slovakian Style one from CNC Warrior. I did have to order an M14x1RH die off of Amazon and chase the muzzle threads, but it goes on nice and easy now. Looks better IMO as well.
    b3uc7k.jpg

T

Okay, so my muzzle brake (same as the one in your pic, from CNC Warrior) arrived today. I just put it on the rifle, and it went on extremely easily. I think maybe too easy. When I tighten it down as much as I can and still engage the detent pin, it wobbles. I also ordered a crush washer but when I tighten it down with the crush washer, the wobble goes away, but the brake isn't indexed properly (two large holes on the side, 6 small holes on top). Anybody have any suggestions?? :scratch:

By the way, when I say wobble, I mean the front of the brake probably moves back and forth a good 1/16". Would a jam nut solve my problem?

http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=22905

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would lean more to an issue on the CAI side rather than CNC...

That was my thought as well. I can make it work I think. I've even found people that have used rubber washers/o-rings and had no problem with heat. I just can't imagine that I should have to torque the brake 270 degrees on the crush washer. I don't even know that I could. If not that, then maybe the jam nut might do it.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    So, just got around to shooting one of these. First, somehow the weapon my brother got was, in a word, immaculate. Parts were straight, everything mechanical functioned well, and the finish was good. The weapon and mags, fully loaded are lighter than their AK counterparts. With the para stock folded, the weapon becomes incredibly tiny. Shooting it, however, was a different story. The para stock is uncomfortable as all hell, for both the shoulder fit and cheek weld (even with paracord wrapping). Recoil is stiff--not 7.62 NATO stiff, but less comfortable than when shooting an AK. The standard fixed wood stock would be a good item to acquire, and the effects of the AKM brake are (to me) unnoticeable at best. The weapon ran flawlessly though, no malfunctions with about 150 rounds through it. Only was the result of not pulling the charging handle far enough back to get the force to seat a round from a new magazine with the bolt held open.

I'd still take an AK over the Vz 2008, but this is a fun novelty to have (or a good compact rifle for SHTF or vehicle storage), and you can't exactly find many decent weapons for $500 these days. I do recommend purchasing it

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I've got a pair of these, one when they were in and out of stock at $500 and then the second when PSA started to practically give them away. Both are immaculate and with the CNC VZ breaks, throw some serious fireballs. I was skeptical but these are great guns and worth every penny in my opinion.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Okay, so my muzzle brake (same as the one in your pic, from CNC Warrior) arrived today. I just put it on the rifle, and it went on extremely easily. I think maybe too easy. When I tighten it down as much as I can and still engage the detent pin, it wobbles. I also ordered a crush washer but when I tighten it down with the crush washer, the wobble goes away, but the brake isn't indexed properly (two large holes on the side, 6 small holes on top). Anybody have any suggestions?? :scratch:

By the way, when I say wobble, I mean the front of the brake probably moves back and forth a good 1/16". Would a jam nut solve my problem?

Muzzle Device, Flash hider, Muzzle brake, CNC Warrior

I would probably look at trying the jam nut. I believe that CNC includes a jam nut in the barrel threading kit they sell for that thread pattern. Seems to me that may have been an issue before.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would probably look at trying the jam nut. I believe that CNC includes a jam nut in the barrel threading kit they sell for that thread pattern. Seems to me that may have been an issue before.

I have a feeling that's the way I'm going to go. I'm anxious to see what they have to say if they reply to my email. They've got the 14x1 RH jam nut for about $3.50. Maybe they'll take pity on me and send me a freebie. :): This does illustrate that CAI leaves something to be desired in their product consistency though. You said your brake was tight until you chased the threads on the barrel, and mine was sloppy loose. I guess to be fair, they probably don't make the barrels, so they're at the mercy of their supplier, but still...

I do like the way the new brake looks, and I'll be anxious to see if I can notice the difference between it and the slant brake that came with the rifle.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Holy crap! My stock set arrived today. Ordered on July 18th, arrived July 24th... from ISRAEL! How sad is it that an Israeli company (while under threat of rocket attacks no less) can get a package here faster than one in North Carolina?? :): Honestly I was expecting it to take about a month. Pretty impressive!

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    I ordered mine on the 8th of July, still waiting. My 15 bussiness days are up on the 29th. If it hasnt shipped by then, I'll have to give them a call! Bummer It takes so long!:(

Top Bottom