• ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I got kind of sleepy and jumped to the end with the statistics. What
    I conclude is 1) you can get killed (even while wearing body armor) with a well placed shot of any caliber but 2) that more people carry 9mm than most other calibers. Just my interpretation.

Interested to hear what other people have to say after reading it...

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    what i've learned without even clicking the link is that new threads arguing about caliber effectiveness will appear on this board like clock-work, count on a new one every 6 hours... :rolleyes:

not at all picking on the original poster, just saying, the way i see it, any weapon is better than nothing, even a rusty spoon could do the trick if you jamb it in someone's eye... :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    :horse: Please for the love of God, give the horse a rest. Seriously this is getting worse then Glock VS the world. When you are looking down down a barrel, who cares what caliber it is! Two to the chest, one to the head. If that does not stop them, then I guess you better run like a girl!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    :horse: Please for the love of God, give the horse a rest. Seriously this is getting worse then Glock VS the world. When you are looking down down a barrel, who cares what caliber it is! Two to the chest, one to the head. If that does not stop them, then I guess you better run like a girl!

Reminds me of drills we used to run while chanting in our head "Two to the body, one to the head, your daily dose of lead"

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter

I've always thought that beating a dead horse tenderizes the meat. :dunno:

Renegade1978

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Porter
    Also, I can't figure out why anyone would stop at "two to the chest; one to the head." I've always thought "If you're going to shoot someone, it had better be for self-defense, and in that case, empty the magazine."

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Also, I can't figure out why anyone would stop at "two to the chest; one to the head." I've always thought "If you're going to shoot someone, it had better be for self-defense, and in that case, empty the magazine."

LOVE IT! Never heard that one before, consider it stolen ;).

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I bet positive rep to say the 7.62x25 prolly went through the vest.....its a bit nastier than the 357 sig...lol

just goes to show, never underestimate any caliber, and it would be interesting to see how many of that study's instances were decided by the first person to act(rounds on target)

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    I got kind of sleepy and jumped to the end with the statistics. What
    I conclude is 1) you can get killed (even while wearing body armor) with a well placed shot of any caliber but 2) that more people carry 9mm than most other calibers. Just my interpretation.

THIS

I've always thought that beating a dead horse tenderizes the meat. :dunno:

It does!

I must be a walking target.....I carry a 9mm Glock:dunno:

You and me both. We need to upgrade our stopping power. :rolleyes:

nonstop

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    most all handgun rounds are poor stopper unless you hit the central nervous system or the aorta.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    One thing people tend to forget. Allot of officers die from non fatal wounds, because they give up the will to fight. This was always discussed annually when the LE training team came to our station. Reports of officers surviving attacks, when medically they should have not. Others who medically should have survived, but did not. It's just as much mental as it is physical. If you give up the will to fight, you body will shut down. A positive mental attitude, will get you through way more then you think you can handle!

Top Bottom