California Court Upholds That 2nd Amendment Doesn’t Protect Semi-Autos like AK’s

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Not surprised...waiting for them to go 100% anti-gun, so we can ship all the criminals over there

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Doesn't that go against a Supreme Court ruling on the Constitutionality of NFA regulation. That short barreled shotguns are not used by the military therefore subject to regulation.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Doesn't that go against a Supreme Court ruling on the Constitutionality of NFA regulation. That short barreled shotguns are not used by the military therefore subject to regulation.

When have you known liberals to follow supreme court rulings, bill of rights, or the constitution?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Actually, the government's argument is even more specious than that... "double barrel 12-gauge Stevens shotgun, having a barrel less than 18" in length, bearing identification number 76230" was never used in any militia organization..."

The government included the serial number to try to make its case. As in, this ACTUAL shotgun has never been used by a militia, etc. Forget the model, make, or platform. THIS shotgun has never been used, etc. You couldn't make this stuff up. Well, okay, government did, but try to top that for insanity.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm glad we left Cali too.

And yes, the decision goes against United States v. Miller (1939). It will get overturned at some point.

If not, I'm calling my California buddies for some cheap AKs they need to quickly sell :)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm glad we left Cali too.

And yes, the decision goes against United States v. Miller (1939). It will get overturned at some point.

If not, I'm calling my California buddies for some cheap AKs they need to quickly sell :)

me too...I'll give them a fair amount actually

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    They are going to have to arrest a LOT of people. :rolleyes:

Not surprised...waiting for them to go 100% anti-gun, so we can ship all the criminals over there
    The problem is that so many criminals are already over there. In California they're just called judges.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I lived in the Monterey Park/Alhambra neighborhoods in the mid '60's and in the Bay area in the late '60's early '70's.
    Fishermans' Warf was still a decent place to spend an afternoon.

The beaches were nice and the weather was gorgeous.

I returned to southern California in July 1977 for a stay at MCRD San Diego. I left in September of 1977 and have not been back since, with one exception. I did a 9 weeks desert war-fare training in 29 Palms California in 1978.

I have no plans, or desire to go back now.
    So sad to see what it has become.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Can we just give CA and its representatives to China in exchange for debt forgiveness and then wait until it falls into the ocean so that NV is beach front property?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Can we just give CA and its representatives to China in exchange for debt forgiveness and then wait until it falls into the ocean so that NV is beach front property?

idk about the chinese part...I rather not have them so damn close

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Remember when they "used" to have that right but went flaunting it about looking for confrontations with LE? Yeah, that worked out well. I feel bad for everybody in California but them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Remember when they "used" to have that right but went flaunting it about looking for confrontations with LE? Yeah, that worked out well. I feel bad for everybody in California but them.

"LE" didn't have to be a party to the confrontation if they didn't want to. Far be it for them to have supported what gunowners were doing.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Can we just give CA and its representatives to China in exchange for debt forgiveness and then wait

What more do you want from the Chinese? They are already buying our debt. Maybe we give them Oakland for not calling the debt due but you sir have gone too far.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    They are passing the buck, knowing they will be challenged, probably all the way to SCOTUS. In the mean time, the State will crank up the removal/confiscation efforts as fast as they can.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "LE" didn't have to be a party to the confrontation if they didn't want to. Far be it for them to have supported what gunowners were doing.

Carrying rifles on one's back to make a point isn't something I would've supported, and apparently the Californian public didn't support it either.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Can we just give [STRIKE]CA[/STRIKE] NWI and its representatives to [STRIKE]China[/STRIKE] IL or anyone [strike]in exchange for debt forgiveness[/strike] forget about any exchanges, just get 'em outta here and then wait until it falls into [STRIKE]the ocean[/strike] Lake Michigan so that [STRIKE]NV[/strike] Newton, Jasper, and Starke [STRIKE]is[/strike] are beach front property?
    There, now. See how that works? :)

Carrying rifles on one's back to make a point isn't something I would've supported, and apparently the Californian public didn't support it either.
    But of course you wouldn't.

Top Bottom