• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Though it is buried, towards the end of the story, they do eventually get around to telling the reader he is a democrat.

Prosecutors say the Los Angeles-area Democrat accepted about $100,000 in cash bribes and other perks in exchange for his supporting or opposing bills. Calderon has pleaded not guilty.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've learned over the years that's how you tell if it's a Democrat. If a Republican is involved in a scandal it will be in the headline or in the first paragraph. If it's a Democrat they won't mention it at all or it will be near the end.

If it's a moderate Democrat it might say, "Conservative Congressman Caught.....Blah, Blah," and then never mention party.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've learned over the years that's how you tell if it's a Democrat. If a Republican is involved in a scandal it will be in the headline or in the first paragraph. If it's a Democrat they won't mention it at all or it will be near the end.

If it's a moderate Democrat it might say, "Conservative Congressman Caught.....Blah, Blah," and then never mention party.

Seems to happen more times than not.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's no different than jersy or illinois, money talks and somebody is going to listen. Leadership is what it is.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You will note the article was "last updated at 9:31am PDT"- by my estimate that is 11:31am my time and 12:31pm backwoods time.

I do not believe I saw a single mention of "democrat" when I read it originally, twice, looking for it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    That Charlotte politician seems to lack a party affiliation across multiple news sources:

Name That Party: Charlotte Mayor of Unidentified Party Arrested on Federal Corruption Charges

The payoff quote is at the bottom:
    Hmm. Maybe he’s an independent. Let’s see if we can find something doing a search. Oh, here’s a story from when he was elected.

Democrat Patrick Cannon, who rose from public housing to successful careers in business and politics, won his “life goal” Tuesday night, defeating Republican Edwin Peacock to become Charlotte’s next mayor.

First word of the story when he was elected, not a mention anywhere when he’s arrested.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    karma.jpg

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Wow. This just gets deeper and deeper. They are also charging this anti-gun Democrat with "conspiracy to traffic firearms".

I looked on the Mommies Demand Action page and no comment yet. I'm banned so I can't bring this sad news to their attention. I wonder what Ms Watts-Her-Name will make of this? :lmfao:

Apparently DiFi also praised the lead conspirator Raymond Chow in 2012. I can't find her statement but I'm sure someone will dig it up. Chow pled guilty to racketeering in 2000, and was sentenced to 160 months in prison, but got a time cut for cooperating with the govt. in another case. HE'S NOT A CITIZEN SO WHY WASN'T HE DEPORTED ALREADY???

Now if they could only find the connection to Andrew Cuomo that would seal this as a day of days.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom