• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Legalize it everywhere. Im tired of paying for morons to be locked up in prison for non-violent drug offenses. So much tax money wasted for repeat offenders. If they want to fry their brain on whatever drug they wish, so be it. Can't be any worse than the millions of deaths each year attributed to alcohol and cigarettes. At least this way, we could benefit from the regulation of it.

i agree with you except on one point. no one benefits from regulation except government. nobody but government benefited from the passage of the national firearms act, and nobody but government benefited from the taxation of alcohol and nobody but government benefits from cigarettes being taxed.

hell, legalize everything if you want, but don't regulate anything. the only thing to come from regulation is taxes. i don't want more theft, and i don't smoke, i don't drink, and i don't SMOKE.

pothead hippies make me sick. government makes me more sick.

it's like having the flu and then getting punched in the gut. one is bad, the other is worse.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You're wrong, as the previous vote on Prop 215 shows. The feds were against that one, too and today it is the law of the land in California, despite federal opposition. There are clinics and farms across the state growing medical cannabis and it's being distributed to patients all over the state. Federal supremacy means nothing when you have law on your side.

Really? I'm wrong?

Eric Holder To Fight Against Marijuana - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

News from DEA, News Releases, 11/06/96

I guess the feds still think they reign supreme and are the law of the land in California.

BTW I'm not at all defending the federal government. I could care less if the people of California want to become mindless druggies. But it's not the law of the land.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Really? I'm wrong?

Eric Holder To Fight Against Marijuana - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

News from DEA, News Releases, 11/06/96

I guess the feds still think they reign supreme and are the law of the land in California.

BTW I'm not at all defending the federal government. I could care less if the people of California want to become mindless druggies. But it's not the law of the land.
    They're not raiding clinics, nor are they arresting patients or workers. That means that California law is recognised and supreme. It could also be recognised as supreme if the cowardly sheriffs and enforcers in California would do their jobs and actually uphold California law if Prop 19 passes. That would likely be asking too much from them, tho. Put a few DEA agents in general population in Chino and the feds would get the idea real quick. As it stands the feds hands will be tied if 19 passes. They can't possibly arrest enough people to make a difference and it's likely that the citizenry will take matters into their own hands should they try.

The feds caved on 215 just as they'll have to cave on 19, if it passes.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    They're not raiding clinics, nor are they arresting patients or workers. That means that California law is recognised and supreme. It could also be recognised as supreme if the cowardly sheriffs and enforcers in California would do their jobs and actually uphold California law if Prop 19 passes. That would likely be asking too much from them, tho. Put a few DEA agents in general population in Chino and the feds would get the idea real quick. As it stands the feds hands will be tied if 19 passes. They can't possibly arrest enough people to make a difference and it's likely that the citizenry will take matters into their own hands should they try.

The feds caved on 215 just as they'll have to cave on 19, if it passes.

That is the stupidest thing I have read on here in a long time. Obama and Holder CHOOSE NOT to uphold federal law after federal law. This is another law they have choosen not to uphold, and you twist that into thinking that California law is recognized and supreme. That's such a goofy position I don't even know how to respond.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That is the stupidest thing I have read on here in a long time. Obama and Holder CHOOSE NOT to uphold federal law after federal law. This is another law they have choosen not to uphold, and you twist that into thinking that California law is recognized and supreme. That's such a goofy position I don't even know how to respond.
    Even before Obama chose to discontinue raids there were so few that it was insignificant. And that's during the reign of Dubya. Patients were almost never hassled, too. The simple fact is that there are too many people obeying California law for the government to do anything about it. What's so hard to understand? The dispensaries were and are still open, no matter what the feds think. Just as they are in MT and other states where the people have vote to have medical cannabis. It's right before your eyes, if you remove your blinders.
    If 19 passes the feds will be able to do absolutely nothing and it will be the law of the land in Cali.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Would this not be a 10A issue? Especially for pot grown and then smoked in CA? It's not and has never crossed state lines, so I'm not sure where there's any power granted the fedgov to even discuss pot. I understand that SCOTUS is not going to make a ruling that's going to turn all those years of law, all those cases that are so lucrative all over the country, and an entire federal bureaucracy (DEA) on its proverbial head, but I'm trying to address the source of the federal power over this. It does not seem to exist.

Thoughts?

Blessings,
    Bill

BoR: This is what I have found that basically throws the 10th out the window...

Wickard v. Filburn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

INGunGuy

Top Bottom