• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This thread needs something........ ah, here it is.

[video=youtube;wZZ7oFKsKzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Understood. And you are correct. I don't have much hope for the long term survival and improvement of Homo Sapiens Sapiens. What at first appeared to me to be a slow spiral of evolutionary improvement has been found to be a continuous circle jerk. So I grok your point of view.

It's called social entropy.

Streak, I really have to wonder why a guy would come on here and talk crap. I hate liberals so much I don't want to go on their boards and listen to their bull****, I think you may need a psychiatrist. ... Nobody cares what you think here, go back to the liberal sites.

I often post over on HuffPo and some other liberal blogs. If we never contend with differing points of view, we essentially live in a bubble. I don't fault Streak for coming here and contending with our points of view. I don't mind having my way of thinking challenged. Beats some of the never ending R = D debates that almost every political topic here devolves into.

But I draw the line at his increasingly belligerent posts, condescending attitude, and snarky quips. If he's posting in kind, it's understandable. After all he's not INGO's only snarky poster. But especially of late, he's been belligerent to any who disagrees with him. Trash talking has no legitimate place in legitimate debate. It only shows he enjoys arguing and trying to make himself feel superior to everyone else. And listening to his foolish "constitutional" arguments demonstrates he cares more about a snappy comeback than an intellectually honest answer.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Says a non-site supporter to a paying site supporter. What is it about moochers your ilk are so fond of saying?

Moocher huh? Well since I have been part of this site I have purchased items from 8 different sponsors, some of them multiple times and often at significant expense. I contribute to the reloading and general firearms questions that people have and I provide comic relief. I guess the fact that I didn't pay INGO $15 makes me a non-supporter. Btw my taxes allow you to eat. So I guess I support INGO on a personal level as well.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    It's called social entropy.

I often post over on HuffPo and some other liberal blogs. If we never contend with differing points of view, we essentially live in a bubble. I don't fault Streak for coming here and contending with our points of view. I don't mind having my way of thinking challenged. Beats some of the never ending R = D debates that almost every political topic here devolves into.

I agree with you jamil. I like to hear the other side as well. It helps to remind me why I feel the way that I do. The sad part is, when others like to flaunt political disagreements as wins or losses for us, the American people, they just haven't a clue or the maturity to face reality. When our government wins, we all lose. It's as simple as that. We knew the government shutdown would probably end the way that it did, but it wasn't all in vain. It did expose many of our representatives and senators for who they really are and exposed their true agenda. The American people will not forget them and what they have done. Let them pass off conservatives as a small, extreme minority, but we know that our ranks are growing with each passing day.

I have talked with many that have the same view as streak. They think that since Obama was voted in for a second term that everyone must then be in support of his agenda, but that isn't neccessarily true. Many are just now realizing that they were deceived and have been rethinking their decision and many are fed up with his condensending speeches. They have been left with the feeling that they have been scolded by his majesty for disagreeing with him. No, this isn't over by a long shot. We will take back our country. It may take some time, but we will take it back.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with you jamil. I like to hear the other side as well. It helps to remind me why I feel the way that I do. The sad part is, when others like to flaunt political disagreements as wins or losses for us, the American people, they just haven't a clue or the maturity to face reality. When our government wins, we all lose. It's as simple as that. We knew the government shutdown would probably end the way that it did, but it wasn't all in vain. It did expose many of our representatives and senators for who they really are and exposed their true agenda. The American people will not forget them and what they have done. Let them pass off conservatives as a small, extreme minority, but we know that our ranks are growing with each passing day.

I have talked with many that have the same view as streak. They think that since Obama was voted in for a second term that everyone must then be in support of his agenda, but that isn't neccessarily true. Many are just now realizing that they were deceived and have been rethinking their decision and many are fed up with his condensending speeches. They have been left with the feeling that they have been scolded by his majesty for disagreeing with him. No, this isn't over by a long shot. We will take back our country. It may take some time, but we will take it back.

I agree mostly. My only disagreement is the idea that when government wins, we all lose. When a government truly of the people wins, it's constituents win. A constitutional government is a win. A disfunctional, overtaxing, overspending, overreaching, corrupt government is a loss.

I think the whole of what Cruz did, notwithstanding some small benefits, was a net loss. It was a strategic mistake. Cruz didn't plan all his contingencies. I think his biggest strategic error was that he underestimated Obama's ability and his own party's willingness to pin this all on him and the tea party caucus.

About seeing Obama and his 2nd term win as a mandate for Obamacare, that is completely disingenuous for the left to argue that. Obama won millions fewer votes than he won in '08. Republicans won even fewer. The result is clearly because of who didn't vote, rather than who did. The people who didn't vote for Obama obviously weren't fond enough of the prospect of Obamacare to compel them to vote. Certainly there's no merit in an argument that people didn't vote for Romney because they wanted Obamacare. For all the change netting less hope, the '12 election result wasn't that Obama won, but more that Romney lost. There's no mandate in that. To argue there is, is intellectually dishonest.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    OP reminds me of a liberal on another gun forum I go to (illinoiscarry.com). This guy went as far as posting that he does not prefer to discourse with people lacking a college degree. He predicted the community organizer would win last year and gloated mightily over it. In the past he insisted we were idiots for thinking Obama wanted our guns. Since the crap earlier this year in Washington he has been pretty quiet.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

But I draw the line at his increasingly belligerent posts, condescending attitude, and snarky quips. If he's posting in kind, it's understandable. After all he's not INGO's only snarky poster. But especially of late, he's been belligerent to any who disagrees with him. Trash talking has no legitimate place in legitimate debate. It only shows he enjoys arguing and trying to make himself feel superior to everyone else. And listening to his foolish "constitutional" arguments demonstrates he cares more about a snappy comeback than an intellectually honest answer.

Its one thing to go on Huff Post and comment on stories and it's another thing to become a member here and regularly insult people, gloat, and become part of a group that has for the most part very different views. Very few people in this country actually live in a bubble, tv/radio/internet is a pretty big influence and certainly all the liberal drivel being spouted by the MSM constantly is very hard to ignore. I think we all know each others views by now, coming here for the opportunity of becoming our "teacher" is not whats happening here at all, it's not even interaction, it's just to irritate for irritations sake.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    If only everyone here were so wise and educated, whatever did INGO do before we had you to start self-aggrandizing topics and condescend others? Please, please, stick around forever and post all you can. Remember all those opposing you are merely ignorant or jealous, so don't hold back in pointing that out either. All hail the glory and majesty of Streak!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I fear he may think you are completely serious with this post in his current mental state.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All of this only says one thing we need to get rid of those in government who consider themselves our betters. Whether they be Demokraps or Repukelickers and replace them with backup for Ted Crews and those others who stood up for the people.

Our government has got to stop spending like a bunch of drunken sailors.

Every year since 0 was elected the house has proposed a budget and the Senate has refused to pass one, yet the house 8s blamed for the continuing resolution battles.

Top Bottom