CALLING ALL COMPUTER NERDS: Need help identifying this fuse!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I need to ID fuse f101, mainly need to know amperage...help!

b6966e55.jpg

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Why not tell us what we are looking at, what kind of circuit. What did it come from? What type of board is that, who makes it? when? ETC

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Why not tell us what we are looking at, what kind of circuit. What did it come from? What type of board is that, who makes it? when? ETC

Westinghouse LCD tv, what they call a "lips" board(aka, inverter/power board)... When the capacitors blew, it blew the fuse as well.

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    I am in sales and work for a distributor that sells fuses, electronics etc. If you can verify I can try to find this for you.

Many times manufacturers will make parts that they sell only to OEM's as proprietary parts. This way you have to pay 100 times the amount you'd have to pay if you could replace it yourself. :D

Let's hope it's not proprietary.

I'll PM (hopefully I can do that now) with my work email address.

Last edited:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    6743aa91.jpg

This might be what I need I think, I picked up a 250v 2amp glass tube fuse to see if the tv will work...if it does, I'll be looking to solder in a proper fuse.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sk-19h201s

My research says its a Bourns fuse, s=2 amps...I need to verify...

FIFY

Odd, for 2 amps, it's curious the value(?) printed on the part is 5. That's the trouble with SMC, no room for print anymore. It looks to be a 1206 package, but maybe it's 0805, sort of depends if the capacitor is 0603 (likely) or 0402.

You might find it here.

Want to live and let die? Solder in a piece of wire instead. :evilangel:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Weird part is the screen, backlight, and led indicator does not power up...hooked up a 2 amp fuse but blew it out. Either needs a higher rated fuse or something is shorting out...what could be shorting out?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That would just figure, printing "5" on a 2A fuse. Some of these people need to be slapped. Usually you won't have a soldered in fuse blow unless there's something really wrong downstream of it. Replacing the fuse won't fix that. Once you fix that, you can, however, replace it with any other fuse with the same current and speed rating, and equal or higher voltage rating (this is actually important, don't ignore it) as long as it fits physically.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    That would just figure, printing "5" on a 2A fuse. Some of these people need to be slapped. Usually you won't have a soldered in fuse blow unless there's something really wrong downstream of it. Replacing the fuse won't fix that. Once you fix that, you can, however, replace it with any other fuse with the same current and speed rating, and equal or higher voltage rating (this is actually important, don't ignore it) as long as it fits physically.

I've done this plus all 8 capacitors...I have a 250v glass tube fuse I'm going to try next.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Put an ammeter across it and turn on the TV set, providing you have already repaired the problem that blew it. Then buy a replacement fuse that is rated slightly higher than the ammeter reading.

Or put a 5 Amp fuse in there and see if it blows.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Put an ammeter across it and turn on the TV set, providing you have already repaired the problem that blew it. Then buy a replacement fuse that is rated slightly higher than the ammeter reading.

Or put a 5 Amp fuse in there and see if it blows.

haven't blown yet, so its all good

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Common 12V, 5A surface mount that is normally used to protect when mosfets fail (short). At least that is what I used them for back in the day (15 years ago) when I was in engineering.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Common 12V, 5A surface mount that is normally used to protect when mosfets fail (short). At least that is what I used them for back in the day (15 years ago) when I was in engineering.

I'm lucky the capacitors are the only thing that failed, however, I fixed several other tv's and monitors and never had to deal with a fuse before this tv.

Top Bottom