• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    3-D is using a multi-axis machine. With regular machining you only had to fix the part to the bed which could move up, down, left, right, and sometimes tilt. Or the part stayed still and the tool moved in the same manner.

Multi-axis machines the part gets to move around the tool, so you can pull off the same things you did before, just more efficiently and you get to call it really cool names.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    3-D is using a multi-axis machine. With regular machining you only had to fix the part to the bed which could move up, down, left, right, and sometimes tilt. Or the part stayed still and the tool moved in the same manner.

Multi-axis machines the part gets to move around the tool, so you can pull off the same things you did before, just more efficiently and you get to call it really cool names.

Ok cool, learn something new every day! Makes sense I guess.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't think you need to be an "operator" to justify the purchase of a high end knife.
    $400 on a firearm gets you into an entry level product
    $400 on a knife gets you into a wicked custom / semi custom with some of the best materials available.
    Comparing that knife to something in the $50 -$60 range, is like comparing a Kimber to a Rock Island. I spent more on the red dot that is currently collecting dust in my closet. Something like this knife can go every where with you, and be used multiple times in one day.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I don't think you need to be an "operator" to justify the purchase of a high end knife.
    $400 on a firearm gets you into an entry level product
    $400 on a knife gets you into a wicked custom / semi custom with some of the best materials available.
    Comparing that knife to something in the $50 -$60 range, is like comparing a Kimber to a Rock Island. I spent more on the red dot that is currently collecting dust in my closet. Something like this knife can go every where with you, and be used multiple times in one day.

+1 I'm learning this more everyday, it's all about quality gear that will last..

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    From Atlanta GA-Blade Show

I spent a lot of time with ZT yesterday...they only had 2 of the ZT0777 and 2 of the ZT560 (Hinderer Flipper) at their both. ZT is telling me that it will be late 4th quarter this year before they release any of these two models for sale. I will update you guys with more info when I get home.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    These are typical statements that I hear from the firearm/gun people all of the time. Basically, knives are not your true passion....yes you will own a few and possibly have a EDC knife, but you will limit yourself to the amount of money that you will spend on one. Now on the other hand, true knifeholics have no limit on what they will spend on a knife other than what they can afford and I have even seen people go in debt to get a high priced knife. Over the years of going to the shows (not gun & knife shows, but actual knife shows), I have witnessed people spending $10,000 plus on one signal knife purchase. :twocents:

I am a gun/ firearm enthusiast......I am not spending $400 on a knife........i'm spending $400 on the Jeep! :D

That is one sweet knife though. Maybe when i get done with the jeep, build an AutoX car and pay off a house i'll spend 400 on a knife. Until then, the Izula will work!

Top Bottom