MUST HAVE!

I call 2nds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'm not paying $400 for a knife. Period.

I have to agree... $400 that's another (small) gun! and/or the beginnings of a Draco SBR, or an AR 9mm Carbine, or... ...:D

These are typical statements that I hear from the firearm/gun people all of the time. Basically, knives are not your true passion....yes you will own a few and possibly have a EDC knife, but you will limit yourself to the amount of money that you will spend on one. Now on the other hand, true knifeholics have no limit on what they will spend on a knife other than what they can afford and I have even seen people go in debt to get a high priced knife. Over the years of going to the shows (not gun & knife shows, but actual knife shows), I have witnessed people spending $10,000 plus on one signal knife purchase. :twocents:

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    the part that non knife people don't get is you will literally use your knife everyday for something and probably loan it to 2 people who forgot theirs at home or don't carry one. we all go shooting but usually not more than 1 or 2 times per week. you will use that nice knife that will hold up and always be with you much more than your gun. don't get me wrong i love me some good pistols and rifles but i also love knives. they are such beautiful functional tools. much more so than guns in general.

it is a lot of money to spend on a knife but also considering that knife gets a lifetime warranty and is used so often there is no real reason not to own one. i mean its something you can pass on to your children and they will probably pass on to theirs.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    i wonder how many hours upon hours was put into that design? how much of someone's soul got put into that design? how much trial and error? machine time? hand fitting?

THAT knife has character, is alive. its not a hunk of steel that is mass produced. its not a knife that is stored in a large bin with 20,000 other knives of the exact same knife. all of which would be ready to ship as soon as a broken knife comes in the door. you grab a knife like that and it FEELS.

as to not using it. seriously? because of materials or cost? if the former, then we need to do some research on high end materials and their performance. because of cost? ok. but then, you should just buy something you are comfortable spending your money on.

and if it turns into another ESEE thread, your comparing apples to oranges, because, (i KNOW i will get FLAMED for this!!!) ESEE is not the end all be all in their price range.

the above is just my .02$ but this happens ALL the time around here! $400 for a knife! darn skippy. something is worth EXACTLY what someone will pay for it. and, you can bet your savings, that when these come out, you won't be able to FIND one. so..... demand and no supply? sounds like its worth it to alot of people.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I think it's the extra D that does it.

Call me old fashion but isn't all machining technically 3-D..... :dunno:

I mean if its not 3-D I think you got ripped off by paying the machinist........ :laugh:

I love descriptive marketing, always makes even the most basic thing sound cooler than pig snot!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom