• ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I can't believe that I read a whole thread on vacuum cleaners :n00b:

When my grandmother died there was almost a fight over her old Kirby but quality meant something back when she bought that one.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I guess I better start looking for a Dyson. Maybe it will be an anniversary present. :laugh:

Good choice. I have had the DC17 Animal for almost five years and it is honestly the best machine in my household. Nothing else with a motor gets more use and works as well. Two months before the five-year warranty expired, I got a new motor, canister, and everything else excluding the frame. A broken seal had allowed dirt in the motor and damaged it beyond repair. I expect this one to last another five years at a minimum.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Definitely spend the money on the Dyson. I was never impressed with the "ball" models, but to each his own. The Dyson is definitely a superior machine to the rest of the models out there. If you decide not to drop the cash though, my second recommendation would be a canister vacuum. They look old school, but they are very good vacuums.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Recently, a young lady came to the house, and told me I could have a free sample of some detergent if I would "just answer a few questions." So I stepped outside, thinking it was a political poll, saying "I guess I have a few minutes" Her face lit up when she saw the neon "Sucker" sign above my head brightly illuminated, :rolleyes: and she motioned to some guy I hadn't seen yet, hidden in the van she parked in my driveway, and they began unloading the whole Kirby Store!
    That seemed to me to be very deceptive, so I chased them off before they were fully unloaded, by handing her my "free gift" and saying "I'm not going to keep your free gift since I'm not going watch your demo. You'll have to leave now." The expression on her face was priceless as she said "What???"
    I think I ruined her whole evening. :):

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Que, Brad has a Kirby just sitting in the closet not being used.
    You should buy it .:D It is too heavy for me to push around. It has all the attachments too.
    Sorry I did not read all the pages to this thread. :rolleyes:

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Love Kirby or hate them, it really doesn't matter much. But the folks selling them are just doing what they have to do to stay off the government tit. It isn't like the majority of them actually enjoy driving all over creation packing all of that gear in and out of their car and running 4 - 6 demos a day!

Top Bottom