• indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Any have any experience with this bag?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2AHmun8Y4[/ame]

I have not found something better for both pack based carry and not looking like I just stepped off of a military base.

The other side of me is pissed that CamelBak lawyers made them only sell to LEO/Gov't. I'm sure it would not be hard to get a hold of one. But it is a decent amount of coin, so I was looking for anyone with practical experience.

I'd prefer something from a company that is actually willing to sell to everyone if there is a good choice that still looks like a civilian bag.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    With the Camelbak specifically, no. But I think there are other options out there if you want to stick it to them for the LEO only part (which turns me off from them as does the price)

It also depends on what you want the bag to do and carry. I understand you aren't looking for something basically MOLLEd out which does away with a lot of Maxpedition and other stuff. Are we talking off body pistol carry with a few extras, a fighting support bag, or a combo GHB that can also carry pistol?

For weapons concealment, really like the 5.11 Covert Sling bag, but that is more for an SBR, AR/AK pistol or Sub2000. It is a two for one special since the strap pouch is basically their convert new style fanny pack. They also make backpacks similar to the Camelbak in their newer COVRT line

There are plenty of shoulder bags that could work. My favorite "fighting bag" that could also carry a pistol is the Hawkepak's Civil Defense Survival Kit bag.

Even Maxpedition's messenger bags, the Gleneagle and Larkspur might work. One thing I don't like about backpaks for this purpose is that you basically have to take them off to access a stuff. The sling bags you can just pull around your body and the messenger bags are already at your side.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm looking for a bag that will carry a laptop and essential work items, but also a pistol. Exactly what the UAC bag is.

I currently use a Brenthaven 2071102 pack. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016LT7W4"]Amazon.com: Brenthaven 2071102 Expandable Trek Backpack for Notebooks up to 15.6" - Titanium: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

I love this as a laptop bag. Best I've ever used and worth every penny. I can carry 2 laptops in it and it carries better than my SwissGear did with one. The problem is it has no great method for concealed carry, when I must carry in the bag. I can fit my pocket P3AT rig easily, but would like to be able to have a bag with a full sized setup.

I'm liking the look of their Covert Backpack. That is the same coloring I would have ordered of the UAC. The strap setup looks very similar to the Brenthaven and I love how that carries. http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Bags-Backpacks/COVRT/COVRT-18-Backpack.html

Last edited:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I found a used - like new Covrt 18 listed on Amazon for under $100, so I pulled the trigger. I went with the Asphault color, because it looks like the add ons they are making are only in this color.

Should be here on Friday.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    My COVRT 18 arrived. I'm pretty impressed. I like the flex cuffs holders. I'll have them full of black zip ties. They are really handy for things other than cuffing folks.

For non LEO use, the identification badge velcro position will make a good attachment point for custom holders. I want to make a custom holder for my dual AA light with spare AA carriers. I can see this pack gradually evolving.

I have a velcro holster and mag holders on the way and will do some photos as I figure out how to outfit everything.

Top Bottom