• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    A friend of mine has succeeded in bringing back riflery to the Potawatomi YMCA Summer Camp in Northern Indiana. This is a great step in the right direction for all us hunters and gun owners. Hopefully another generation of kids will learn guns aren't the problem.

I was so impressed I wrote check for $150 as a donation to purchase one of the rifles for the camp. Below is his thread from another forum.

Jeff

Back when I went to summer camp, we had rifles. .22 Mossburgs. Single shot. It's where I fired my first gun and got hooked on the smell of burned powder. The rest is history.

Somewhere in the early eighties, a new camp director came along-a hippy dippy type, who did not think guns belonged at camp, so at the end of the seaon he let them get rusty-so they had to be thrown out the next year. End of riflery at summer camp.

Fast forward 25 years. I am now the board chair of that summer camp. The camp director is a West Point guy, with a camp and ministry background. Hoo-ya. He agrees with me that riflery is an INTERGRAL part of summer camp.

So, this summer we will have rifles in camp again for the first time in probably 20 years. The range is being built, dirt pushed around and it will be up and running for this summer.

Britton, being the awesome dude he is, is getting our Camp the rifles at cost.

I just wanted to tell you all, that battles ARE being won, and ground being taken back from some of these limp wristed, pussified liberal anti-gun types. I know I am preaching to the choir when I say this, but teaching kids that guns are just another tool, is a HUGE part of summer camp. Just like fire and sharp knives, swimming, the climbing tower, horse ranch, high ropes course and archery.

Our camp is a traditional summer camp. Old school. No jet skis, no ATVs, and absolutely no cellphones, gameboys etc. None. Rifles yes.

As word has spread, local sportsmen have wanted to chip it to help the program. (Camp is always strapped for cash). If you are also moved, you can send a donation for ammo to Camp Potawotami, c/o Russ Kolkman, 203 W Wayne, ste. 304, Fort Wayne, IN 46802.

There will be guns in camp this summer!!

WETSU

Top Bottom