• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's already against the rules (maybe even illegal in some cases) in many shooting ranges in Europe.

You will get weird looks if you shoot anything but an official round Olympic target.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    IIRC, this came up many years ago. A lot of police departments were required to go to green silhouette targets. The reasoning was that police officers were being trained to shoot whatever was a black humanoid target, as opposed to the outline of a humanoid target with a white or flesh colored face.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    IIRC, this came up many years ago. A lot of police departments were required to go to green silhouette targets. The reasoning was that police officers were being trained to shoot whatever was a black humanoid target, as opposed to the outline of a humanoid target with a white or flesh colored face.

When I was in Tennessee 1996-1999 we shot the "Q" target which was a white humanoid shape on a grey background. I can't remember the last time I shot a target with a black humanoid silhouette in an official capacity. IMPD uses cardboard targets that are cardboard color on one side and white on the other.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Another leftist falsehood that takes the attention off the truth.

After years and years of testimony that was openly debated in court, we now have body camera and security cameras (not to mention cell phone video) of many events. Even old women and young girls are willing to climb up in the face of a Uniformed Peace officer pushing and striking him. We have always had the thugs like michael brown that were willing to assault an officer. The moral norm of society has degraded to the point that it is acceptable, even fashionable to attack a Police Officer. Of course you have plenty of people posting on youtube and all the wannabe cereal box lawyers who cheer on the disruption of law enforcement officers trying to control the violence.

I would suggest, even declare as truth, that people who resist arrest, attack, or shoot at Police Officers end up with bullet holes in them more often than those who cooperate, no matter what the color.

Minor point: Applied Ballistics sells targets that are an illustration of a white man that kind of looks like sheriff Andy Taylor from the old TV show. Lots of people bang away on that target on a regular basis. There is nothing about a black target that makes people trigger happy.

The politically correct crowd has transitioned from foolishness to insanity.

aztec777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2016
    Reno
    I don't want to have to pay more for special targets. I declare my range a sanctuary for black silhouette targets.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giphy.gif

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I would've bet that this was a joke thread. Correlation does not equal causation. A "potential correlation" definitely doesn't equal causation. Some people have entirely too much time on their hands.

Top Bottom