• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • need4speed255

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Me and a couple of friends want to do some primitive camping as well as shooting this weekend. Are there any national or state forests that allow target shooting?

I was looking at Morgan-Monroe forest but I read on the DNR site that target shooting is not allowed. I thought there were some state or federal lands that allowed this?

I am looking for a location within an hour of the Avon area. Any help would be appreciated.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Hoosier National Forest. Not within an hour of Avon. Wilbur Wright. Not within an hour of Avon.

And though I understand the desire to go shooting... this is probably not the weekend you'll want to do that. You're going to tick off a lot of deer hunters. In fact you should just waith until February at least.

If you decide to do it anyway, please wear hunter orange. (It will give us a better target. :D)

Seriously though, hunter orange please, for the next several weeks during the deer seasons.

need4speed255

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Thank you Kludge. I will check into the info that you posted.

What dear season is this weekend? Bow hunting, shotgun, muzzle loader?

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I was looking at Morgan-Monroe forest but I read on the DNR site that target shooting is not allowed. I thought there were some state or federal lands that allowed this?
    That is correct. And you'll **** off a lot of deer hunters this weekend if you decide to tromp through the woods and fire off a bunch of rounds while they're deer hunting. Do that stuff in Morgan Monroe State Forest opening weekend of gun season and your chances are very high of a nice visit from the CO.

Top Bottom