• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Anyone camped there? Looks like paynetown is pretty packed for when we want to go (jun 12-14th).

we will likely have 6 tents, so need 3 sites.

How is hardin ridge?
    Any good sites?
    sites to avoid?

thanks!

Cbarnett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Earth
    I like Hardin Ridge. It's a federal site. No sites real close to the lake, but last time I was there it's cheaper than Paynetown.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have camped there but it has been many years ago.20 or more years ago,it was as a boyscout.Was always a fun place.Perhaps I should go there again.

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    we used to camp there alot , if you are boating pine is the closest site to the boat ramp and is generally the quietest due to most campers in that site are boaters.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Is a fire look up tower around there somewhere?

Yup, right at the trailhead of sycamore loop (great trail by the way)

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I drove back there once for a college forestry course and on the way out ran into a horse. Yeah thats right, hit an eight year old boy on a horse. Twelve years ago the brush was right up to the gravel road, it might still be. The boy on the horse ran right in front of my car. The horse fell on my hood and the boy came through the windshield. T-tops were never right after that. Holy cow that was strange. To top it off, back then there was no cell service there.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I drove back there once for a college forestry course and on the way out ran into a horse. Yeah thats right, hit an eight year old boy on a horse. Twelve years ago the brush was right up to the gravel road, it might still be. The boy on the horse ran right in front of my car. The horse fell on my hood and the boy came through the windshield. T-tops were never right after that. Holy cow that was strange. To top it off, back then there was no cell service there.

What happened to the boy and horse :dunno:

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    The car was a 95 camero, so the front bumper was low which took the legs right out from under the horse. After it slid off my hood it walked about 20 feet in front of the car and stood there.

As for the boy, he was laying on my dashboard bleeding. I helped him off the car and his brother rode to a camp ground and got his Dad. When his dad got there he started screaming about how he was going to call Ken Nunn. The boy wound up being fine, and as it turned out his dad was responsible for fixing my car. No luck there, he lived with his mom, no job and the horses were his only possession. My insurance fixed it, but I was out the deductible.

Top Bottom