• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    Let me start by saying I am not gay. I live in East Central Indiana and I am looking for a couple guys who would like to go hang out in the woods and learn skills from each other every so often. I dont have any friends who seem interested to find the time. PM me if your interested. Again this is not a gay thing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I would have been interested if you were so adamant about saying that its NOT a gay thing. What kind of world do we live in where if you are going to ask people to go camping with you, you have to specifically say that you do not intend for it having anything to do w/ sexuality.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would have been interested if you were so adamant about saying that its NOT a gay thing. What kind of world do we live in where if you are going to ask people to go camping with you, you have to specifically say that you do not intend for it having anything to do w/ sexuality.

We live in a world where people make assumptions; some false, some true, all the time. Years ago it was "normal" for groups of men to go out into the woods together. We did it all the time; hunting, fishing, camping, plinking, etc. Or course that was when we communicated face to face and mostly knew the people we were venturing out back with.

On a computer forum reaching out to perfect strangers, I'd call it an appropriate declaration.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Me and a couple friends camp out sometimes. Traditional backpack camping - we'll hike out a few miles, set up camp and then enjoy some drinks and a good fire. It's more recreational than trying to learn any survival skills although some inherently come with it like collecting wood/building fires/etc.

There is also a meetup group that routinely goes on hiking/camping trips throughout Indiana and other adjoining areas. I have been following them but have yet to meet up for an event. They seem like good people but may be more on the hippy-side (no offense to you hippies).

Indy Backpackers (Plainfield, IN) - Meetup

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If you are willing to drive 500 miles you can camp in the wilderness free of charge in my backyard. My only question is how do you look in a Bikini?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anytime I read a paragraph that starts, "Let me start by saying I am not gay," it pretty much makes me think the person who wrote is totally gay.

I'm just sayin' is all.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You might try a little hike on the Appalachian Trail sometime. I have hiked about 10,000 mi's out there over the last 17 years and I have to say that it's been some of best times I have ever had in my life. I have met some incredible people out there, made a lot of friends for life. You meet all kinds out there, old, young, and in the middle. Some are very experienced, some have never been camping in their life but, in a little time they are all equal. One things for sure, you'll get a lot of advice if you seek it, because there's a lot of hikers out there and as I said some are very experienced. But there is nothing finer than hiking for a week working your but off and then going into a trail town to rest, eat, party and share stories with your new friends, then back out to do it again.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you are willing to drive 500 miles you can camp in the wilderness free of charge in my backyard. My only question is how do you look in a Bikini?

I don't look so good in one, but I really like northern Wisconsin! My son and I have traveled up through there numerous times on our way to the Boundary Waters.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I got some property in east central Indiana where we could camp in the woods I wouldn't mind a little INGO camping outing myself. Got a great spot. My property is kinda small at only 6 acres, but big enough to thow up some tents and toss some cold ones back around a camp fire.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You might try a little hike on the Appalachian Trail sometime. I have hiked about 10,000 mi's out there over the last 17 years and I have to say that it's been some of best times I have ever had in my life. I have met some incredible people out there, made a lot of friends for life. You meet all kinds out there, old, young, and in the middle. Some are very experienced, some have never been camping in their life but, in a little time they are all equal. One things for sure, you'll get a lot of advice if you seek it, because there's a lot of hikers out there and as I said some are very experienced. But there is nothing finer than hiking for a week working your but off and then going into a trail town to rest, eat, party and share stories with your new friends, then back out to do it again.

Iv'e said in the past that the next time I get laid off, I am going to head out there and do some walking on the trail. I used to live in Winchester, VA and I did a couple day hikes, but that's it. I am just getting back into working out after 2 years of doing nothing. I need to be ready physically to hit the trail if that pink slip comes my way!

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    Anytime I read a paragraph that starts, "Let me start by saying I am not gay," it pretty much makes me think the person who wrote is totally gay.

I'm just sayin' is all.
    Nowdays isnt it more hip to be flaming gay than in the closet? If I was I would be shouting it from rooftops and probably get my own TV sitcom.

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    I got some property in east central Indiana where we could camp in the woods I wouldn't mind a little INGO camping outing myself. Got a great spot. My property is kinda small at only 6 acres, but big enough to thow up some tents and toss some cold ones back around a camp fire.

This is exactly what Im looking for.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    property is between Morristown and carthage. only 4 acres of woods, but there is a path leading to a clearing in the woods that once mowed down would be a great spot to set up camp. Creek on the property as well. Lots of timber down that could be picked up for a fire... that would save me the trouble of picking it all up once I build on the property in the spring as well. No really good backstop right now, but some shooting could most certainly be done. I camped out there once w/ some buddies already and had a great time.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    also, while the property is OUT THERE, there are other houses on the same street, so if you are looking for something w/ no signs of development my property is not the place, even though once in the woods there are zero signs. Not sure deer season is the best time to be out there, but I am all for it.

Top Bottom