• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    **********Public Service Warning**********

I am going camping this weekend at Raccoon Lake and was getting my equipment together, cleaning it up and testing it out.

Double Mantle Lantern Check
    Single Mantle Lantern Check
    Dual Burner Stove Check
    Catalyst Heater Hmmmmmm little dirty lets clean it up first.

I was in my garage just took a damp rag and wiped it down, screwed a new tank on, set it down took a drink of water, picked it up and a little voice in my head says"Hey stupid go outside to check this out".

Go outside set it on my driveway turn on gas valve, try igniter about 12 times no go. Turn off gas valve, walk in garage get long lighter, go outside turn on gas valve click lighter.......

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire thing gas up in flames!!!!

Way to hot to try and turn it off, I kick it into the front yard and start praying. "Oh God please don't let that tank blow."

10 mins. later.....

Tank finally burns out now there is a pile of molten plastic and metal parts smoldering in my yard, the dog was in the house going bats because she saw the fire, I wanted to rearrange my living room but I don't think the couch cushions should be on the floor with the lamp and my half full cup of coffee, besides the coffee table looks better on it feet then its side.

So anyway I am not mad at the dog she was worried about daddy.

Just a warning to all.

Sometimes it my not be just a little voice in your head, man I am glad I am not my Guardian Angel because I do some stupid stuff.:D

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Good warning, I lost a Kelty 3-man tent to a small stove incident once, and my brother lost his eye brows.

The catalyst heater, was it propane or kerosene?

And as for the little voice, it seems to be batting .500, just after it gets me out of trouble, usually the next day it tells me to buy another gun!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Had the same thing happen to me a few years back with an off brand lantern from Walmart. They were defective and Walmart didn't bother telling any body about it until two-three weeks after the recall from the factory.

Top Bottom