• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Question for the people making suggestions ... No shower or toilet has been a deal killer for me trying to get the wife to go camping. Are there any locations where we could pitch a tent and get that part of the camping experience under her belt but still have access to a (decently clean) toilet and shower?
    Any Indiana State parks. Try to find a site close to the bath house. Some state parks only have one or two bath houses along with pit toilets.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We love Shades State Park. If you like to hike, you can hike over to Pine Hill Nature Preserve. I would call PHP one of Indiana's best kept secrets.

KGS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2014
    Crawfordsville
    My favorite place to camp is Mounds SRA in Brookville, IN. Their facility is amazing and my kids could ride their bikes all day if they wanted. My wife and I loved it because we could see the kids everywhere they rode. We also love to camp at Spring Mill State park in Mitchell, Indiana. Very nice campgrounds. Brown County is also nice but usually very crowded. I hope this helps! :)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    One thing to remember especially if you are tent camping in the hot months of summer you want shade. Google earth can help you pick a good campsite with a lot of trees. Some state parks are not very shady.

Top Bottom