• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Due to my significant other's schedule in the summer (grandkids, 4H, work) we will now finally have the opportunity to hit the parks and camp out. OK, she likes more like glamping but still out in the woods. We usually go to Hoosier National, Brown County or McCormicks Creek and get an electric campsite but we use a tent and queen size self-inflating air bed.

I just bought a new contraption to make grilling steaks, burgers, etc. easier. Just ram the pole into the ground near the fire ring and voila! Can't wait to try it out.

Titan Adjustable Swivel Grill $80​

1661996787324.png

Typical campsite
    1661996648871.jpeg

1661996718037.jpeg 1661997155966.png

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Nice setup.

Fall is my favorite time of the year to get out and car camp. Headed out for a backpacking trip next week, then wifey and I will start hitting the road on weekends to spend a little time in the woods until it gets too cold for her.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My buddy made a setup like that and it works great.

I went camping in my pop up at McCormicks Creek for the first time last weekend. It is probably my favorite campground I have stayed in. I love that the sites are fairly private and the bathrooms were spotless.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    …We usually go to Hoosier National, Brown County or McCormicks Creek and get an electric campsite…
    Yellowwood Forest is right around the corner from Brown County State Park. Quite a bit quieter even in the height of fall foliage season. Uncertain about electric hookups but I think they have some. No showers that I am aware of. If hiking go on the west side of the lake.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Yellowwood Forest is right around the corner from Brown County State Park. Quite a bit quieter even in the height of fall foliage season. Uncertain about electric hookups but I think they have some. No showers that I am aware of. If hiking go on the west side of the lake.
    My GF Add a camper trailer while her kids were going up and likes showers. Myself I don’t mind primitive camping.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I am pretty sure Yellowwood doesn't have electrical hook ups. At least they didn't just a couple of years ago. And no showers or flush toilets.
    You're correct, primitive sites only, no electric. They have pit toilets and spigots for drinking water in the different campground loops.

We really like it there. Never full and you can generally be out of site of other campers. The hiking and kayaking is great, although you do need to keep an eye out for poison ivy on the east side of the lake. It's thick and overtakes the trails in some areas.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Got a 3 sided log fort. Just had stone stacked last year for fire reflection. Well just finished cement and stone work last week and just welded up a steel insert to fit inside hoping to keep rocks from cracking. Once deer season is over spend a lot E0A80A5B-B3D0-4B86-AEBF-2923B8B40520.jpeg of time having cookouts. Plus got home made little wood stove inside and do some cold winter camping. 11321628-AF7E-4D4E-8C4F-60476972AABC.jpeg

JSJamboree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Avon
    Need to get out more in the fall, but with hunting and the kids school activities kicking back up its hard to get out there.

Top Bottom