• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Well, we're off on our maiden voyage this Friday after work. We'll be camping in a pop-up at McCormick's Creek. Has anyone ever camped there, and if so, how did you like it? We're hoping the monsoon eases up by then.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Years ago, but very nice. While there, check out the Court House in Spencer. The neatest I've seen in our state.

Thanks, we might just do that. Is been awhile since we've been to Spencer, but if I remember correctly its a beautiful town. They also have. Wonderful German restaurant.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    We camp there at least once a year. I think its an awesome place. The kids love the trails. I Highly recommend trail 3 (the one that runs along the creek). The sites are heavily used, so they can be muddy.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I consider a pop up as camping. They are nothing like the 28 footers with heat, AC, SAtellite TV, WIFI, etc... It is basically a tent on a trailer frame. I still use a tent, but plan on buying a pop-up relatively soon.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Now don't be mean... :): But yeah, to paraphrase Jase from Duck Dynasty, "If it's got wheels on it, you're not camping. You're parking."

Meh, truth be told, I'd sill rather spend the night in a popup in the woods than in a hotel any day of the week. Last year though, I started getting in to hammock camping and I haven't even used my tent since.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    If you don't have a warm, inside shower and a flushing toilet you are roughing it in my opinion. A camper just pretty much saves a bit of set up time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom