• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbull88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    West Lafayette, IN
    I would like to learn more about terminology, types of ammunition, techniques, etc. What would be a good magazine for that? I was thinking of joining the NRA and they have a couple of choices. How are these? Are there others you would recommend?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I like Combat Handguns. Not as good as it was a few years ago but still pretty good.

I love NRA's Americas First Freedom. The other version they have covers some of the same issues in both magazines.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I heart shotgun news, almost all other mags are just articles that are really ads, and they never review a bad product. Small Arms Review is also excelent

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Guns Magazine has been around for many many decades and has a lot of useful info. They even have an online archive of their older magazine available free.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I heart shotgun news, almost all other mags are just articles that are really ads, and they never review a bad product. Small Arms Review is also excelent

Yes. By the end of most articles, I am thinking the author isn't all that unbiased.

I too would like to find one that is geared more to the science and mechanics of it all than to glossy articles about the latest covering for what is really the same .45, 9mm, .40 etc barrel.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I like and subscribe to "American Rifleman", "Guns & Ammo", and "American Handgunner". If I could have only one, it would be "American Rifleman".

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    A magazine that I like is Gun Tests.
    As the name implies, they test guns and give detail reports. They buy the guns, they test, they do comparisons, etc.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Precision Shooting & The Varmint Hunter are all about I can stand to read, and the only ones I subscribe to anymore.

Compared to what they were 15 years ago, they've both gone downhill considerably.

I'll occasionaly pick up a Rifle, Handloader or Double Gun Journal if I need pulp for a flight.

Top Bottom