Can anyone shoot the Glock 17 better than the Glock 19?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    a friend of mine's dad and mom own both a 17 and a 19, ironically she likes the 17 and he likes the 19 and both shoot the 17 better so i think the bigger gun has the advantage in actual firing. little bit more weight and longer slide would be my guess.(ps they both do a lot better with my hi power :)).

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    I shoot the g17 better than my g19 but not by much. I carry the 19 and try to practice with it the most but I always end up shooting my g22 for some reason.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    I started shooting a glock 19 of my dads since I was little and didn't really shoot it as good as i would of liked, then I got a hold of a 17 and man what a difference I think its just a bigger frame gun so the recoil isn't as bad. Saying that I carry a 26 now so go figure (lol)
    practice makes perfect I guess :shoot:

abrams12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I purchased the Glock 17 instead of the 19 because it fit my hands better, but I should my friend's gen4 Glock 19 and was just as accurate with his gun as mine. But, the 19 is a lot easier to conceal.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have a Glock 22 which shoots ok for me. I would think that the difference in sight radius and extra weight of the longer slide/barrel should make anyone shoot the 17 better than the 19. I have shot my friends Glock 23 and I don't shoot it nearly as well as my Glock 22. I would guess that a similar situation would occur with the 17/19 comparison as well.

Top Bottom