Can cops speed without their lights/siren on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Nevertheless, I still hold that neither of us were speeding. The officer's only evidence, however, was to claim that he was.

I still don't believe I was exceeding the speed limit, regardless of the officer's claims.

Sorry to keep going around in circles. I honestly don't think I was speeding. I am merely pointing out the officers only evidence was that he was (we'll say allegedly) speeding himself.
    Why don't you go try to drive 30mph on the entire length of Kilgore a couple of times, see if you can even intentionally do that. Then do it again and accelerate a few times to simulate passing someone.

You may honestly come to the conclusion you are lying to yourself.

If the neckdown is due to construction, you should apologize.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Have we covered the fact that this was a construction zone, according to the officer in the video? That's a nice twist. If you were my best friend or son, I'd tell you to STFU, pay the ticket, and be glad you didn't get the penalty advertised on many/most construction zone signs. I'd also tell you that if you really can't tell the difference between something > 50mph and 30mph when you're driving, there's an issue. I might also point out that your argument sounds a lot like the arguments my 13-year old tries to use when he gets caught for something.

Someone had to be THAT GUY, might as well be me.
    I just saw this. In my post I was also going to say "and removed from your car and beaten by a County Road Crew" but I didn't. Now I kind of wish I had, I pussed out. For that I apologize.

Choker said it best. This is not about cops, it is about the OP.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your obviously one of those "pity me, my tax dollars allow the big, bad, badge-wearing thug that only wants to infringe on my rights and not do their job". I didnt know this had been jacked in order for you to host your own little moan-and-groan fest.

A lot of places require officers to pay into the department gas "fund". Although they are given a gas card, they are still required to pay part of it (I know of departments that require officers to pay approximately 50-60 a month in gas costs, depending on how many miles they rack up during the month). So the argument about counts being able to them allegedly being able to do what they want "without being concerned with mpg of their take home cars" isnt a valid greivance.

Nice try, but you failed. Better luck next time, bucko.

+1 :yesway:

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The thing is, the Police officer was the one saying he was speeding. Not me.

And at the same time, I understand your point. But why would those police be able to site you when the only proof they had that you were speeding was that they were breaking the law first.

Just as if they broke into your car without reasonable suspicion or without a warrant and found dope. I believe that evidence would be thrown out of court, since they entered your car illegally. Yes you were guilty (I'm not claiming I was), but they broke the law in the process of acquiring your guilt.

:rolleyes:

You are being a whiner. The officer did his job, and seemed to do it well and courteously. You broke the law, regardless if he did or not, be an adult and take your beating. Also, these are the guys who are really only there to protect you and you are kinda being ass when you "Thanked" him...

Be nice to your public servants, they do more than you know for your safety. We would be in a world of hurt without them.:patriot:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    all you missed was the op asking why the cops was going 20 over the limit.
    but he's not admitting that either party was in fact speeding:rolleyes:
    He seems to be implying the cops weren't being truthful about how fast they were going and nobody was speeding then on the other side of the coin he raises the issue that he shouldn't be ticketed because the cops were breaking the law by speeding but he wasn't speeding himself. Which is it? :dunno:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    He seems to be implying the cops weren't being truthful about how fast they were going and nobody was speeding then on the other side of the coin he raises the issue that he shouldn't be ticketed because the cops were breaking the law by speeding but he wasn't speeding himself. Which is it? :dunno:

I thought it was they said they were speeding and OP passed them but OP wasn't speeding. The Cops only thought they were speeding because the odometer hasn't been calibrated. So they weren't speeding and the OP wasn't speeding, but the Cops are liars for thinking they were speeding while they were on a call without lights / siren. They should be reprimanded.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I thought it was they said they were speeding and OP passed them but OP wasn't speeding. The Cops only thought they were speeding because the odometer hasn't been calibrated. So they weren't speeding and the OP wasn't speeding, but the Cops are liars for thinking they were speeding while they were on a call without lights / siren. They should be reprimanded.
    But the op thanked them at the end of the stop.
    can't forget that detail either.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    We get it, you dont like cops or speeders or abuse of authority. Come off it already. Find some other post to hold a gripe fest. :chillpill:
    Appearently you also have a Reading Handicap...

I like Cops, just not bad ones...
    I have no issue with speeders, well I don't like those speeders that are using chemicals (Meth Heads for those here that are a little on the slow side)...
    The only farging then you said that was even correct was I don't like those that Abuse their Authority, and who really does like that grouping of Persons?!

How about before you attempt to correct someone you at least read what they have posted. :dunno:

Top Bottom