• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22collector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    Warsaw
    While scrounging brass at the range today, I picked up some silver colored (nickel?) .308 cases. Headstamp is .308 WIN and has a symbol at the top that looks like a "B", or maybe a "6" over the crossbar of an "A".

I also picked up what appears to be copper 9mm cases (headstamp LVE 10 9mm LUGER) and nickel 9mm cases (headstamp SPEER 9mm LUGER - also a Hornaday). I've reloaded nickel .38s before, but have not seen a copper case before.

Can I reload these?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    While scrounging brass at the range today, I picked up some silver colored (nickel?) .308 cases. Headstamp is .308 WIN and has a symbol at the top that looks like a "B", or maybe a "6" over the crossbar of an "A".

I also picked up what appears to be copper 9mm cases (headstamp LVE 10 9mm LUGER) and nickel 9mm cases (headstamp SPEER 9mm LUGER - also a Hornaday). I've reloaded nickel .38s before, but have not seen a copper case before.

Can I reload these?

As long as the cases are not steel or are berdan primer, it's should be ok to reload:yesway:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN

Can I reload these?

Its not a copper case, the LVE is from Novosibirsk Low -Voltage Equipment Plant Plc., Russia. Its bad brass mixing. Remember, brass is a mixture of copper and zinc. It's most likely seen a couple days in the sun, and if you clean it, it'll be brass colored again.

As for the .308, can you send a pic? I don't know that headstamp. Perhaps Silver Bear nickel cased?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Nickle Plated Speer casings are probably from the old Speer Lawman Ammo. It is good stuff, shot and reloaded a lot of it in the past. Good Luck

wind50cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Kentucky
    If your processing range brass, I'd advise buying a couple more de-capping pins asap. You'll soon figure out why.

For the record...we have reloaded Wolf 223 steel cases before and they performed fine. One time though! I wouldn't do this in my favorite die becase of the possibility of scratching.

We were experimenting with a solution for 90's in the 223.

Top Bottom