• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    It is cheap ammo and isn't intended to be reloaded. There are a lot of things that can be dun. The question is should they be dun.

Dies are not intended for steel cases. That can't be good for them.

Steel acts different than brass and that is why brass has been the standard from the beginning.

The only way I would do it is if I had no other choice.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Light primer strikes are generally a problem of the weapon rather than the primer itself. Having your trigger lightened reduces the spring weight, which also reduces the power that your hammer strikes the firing pin, or in a Glock's case, how hard the striker hits the primer. Some primers are harder than others, but if you are having light primer strikes then that weapon is not reliable in my opinion. It will eventually strike so lightly that it will not ignite any primer and I suggest you replace your springs if this happens on your carry weapon.

That is entirely possible, but I have many brands of factory (PMC, Carrol, Federal, Hornady) and buckets of handloads through these weapons, and Tula is the only problem. Everything else is 100% reliable.

NumberCruncher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    I probably won't buy this stuff again. I just need ammo. I only have 100 rds in my box and I want to have more to shoot.

I'm not yet reloading, but I intend to down the road and I wanted to collect my brass while I'm building up to it. I was just curious if I could reuse the casing from these bullets.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    That is entirely possible, but I have many brands of factory (PMC, Carrol, Federal, Hornady) and buckets of handloads through these weapons, and Tula is the only problem. Everything else is 100% reliable.

I'm not saying the primers aren't harder in Tula, but if your springs won't set it off, they will eventually (problem take more time than what it's worth to most people) wear down enough to not detonate a primer at all. As long as it's not your carry piece, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

If I buy ammo to use on the range, I buy Tula. Right now I reload everything except .223 (until my hardware comes back in stock) that I shoot, so I don't buy much, but I've been through tons of Tula and never had a single problem, other than it's not as accurate. But for plinking, I don't mind that.

I probably won't buy this stuff again. I just need ammo. I only have 100 rds in my box and I want to have more to shoot.

I'm not yet reloading, but I intend to down the road and I wanted to collect my brass while I'm building up to it. I was just curious if I could reuse the casing from these bullets.

6mm summed it up. What caliber are you reloading? Most handgun brass is cheap enough to buy by the thousand that it's really not necessary to buy ammo and shoot it to get the brass to reload it. Also, most ranges have buckets full of brass that they would gladly let you take home with you free of charge.

IMO, if you plan on reloading, don't hesitate to buy your equipment and components right away. The sooner you get set up, the sooner you don't have to worry about it anymore. :yesway:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Let's face it, this is an internet gun forum, for everyone who says it's black, there will be at least another person who insists it's white. Not only this they will make sure that you understand they are right and you are not only wrong but a dumb ass for even pretending to know anything about the subject. It's one of the reasons I love going to a place like this for the very best answers to the tough question of the day...

Yeah, sarcasm looses something without the vocal inflection and the facial cues but I think you can hear it if you read the above if you say the above out loud to yourself...

Load that stuff up kidsm make sure you make a video for YOUTUBE for us too. ;)

Cto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Hamilton Co
    FWIW, I buy the Tula 9mm from Walmart for $9.97 a box of 50. Walmart in Noblesville had 30 or more boxes last week, and week before that Walmart in Beech Grove had 10 or so boxes. I'm sure prices around indiana at other Walmarts would be about the same. Today I've noticed a big increase in WWB 100 pack 9mm's as well as the Federal 9mm 100 rd value packs at several Walmarts . I would prefer either of these over the Tula as they are about the same price ($21 for 100rds) and they are brass.

Top Bottom