• brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Email reply from Senator Sandlin, in response to this question:

Senator Sandlin's reply:

Reassuring. He seems committed to the cause, so lets hope it makes it through.

And the "scratching off a church" comment is referring to today's climate where we cannot carry at every church even on Sunday when school is out because the state still considers the empty building a school.

Wonder - other ingo law beagles ... your thougths ... (perhaps anohter questions to Sen Sandlin is needed now)
    ... since Up in my area (Fishers) numerous churches are expanding their campuses ...
    ie. building a flock/congregation - with plans to have an actual "church campus" in the area - including my church -
    and these "in development" congregations - lease out the actual public - elementary, intermediate, middle, and high schools on SUNDAYs
    - when no other school activities are on going - for services ...

.... Would this legislation cover a person attending one of these services?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Do we know when this will go to a vote?

First step is a hearing and passing the Senate Judiciary Committee

They had a hearing today, but it was NOT on the agenda today -

Check here for updates: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/committees/judiciary_4200

after that (and assuming in passes on) - full senate reading - then full senate vote - then to the house and repeat the whole process.

It has picked up a co-author - Senator Tomes (good!) - and I wrote both Senators about my questions.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If you can pass this, why not just abolish the school carry prohibition for all valid LTCH holders?

Why the half-measure here?

I SOOOOO badly want the gun free school zone thing removed. I take my daughter to the local HS 5 days a week for swim practice. Constantly disarm as I go in to a building with limited people inside, doors open, no guards, nothing protecting anyone. Gun in the truck.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    One of the Mod (we have mods?) should fix this name to SB 33 Houses of Worship and Firearms
    (ETA: ESPECIALLY SINCE HB1022 is dead, and we got a pig in poke in its place)

anyway - switch focus to gain a little more yardage:

SB 33 - In hearing Senate Judiciary Committee - Wed Jan 31, 10 AM Room 130
    it is 4th on the agenda. (but 1st bill is amend and vote only, no testimony)
    Committee:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/committees/judiciary_4200

Agenda:
    https://iga.in.gov/documents/3aea098f

Bill listed in Packet:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018...1/committee_judiciary_4200/#document-8b6ff3d9

Enjoy.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    One of the Mod (we have mods?) should fix this name to SB 33 Houses of Worship and Firearms
    (ETA: ESPECIALLY SINCE HB1022 is dead, and we got a pig in poke in its place)

anyway - switch focus to gain a little more yardage:

SB 33 - In hearing Senate Judiciary Committee - Wed Jan 31, 10 AM Room 130
    it is 4th on the agenda. (but 1st bill is amend and vote only, no testimony)
    Committee:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/committees/judiciary_4200

Agenda:
    https://iga.in.gov/documents/3aea098f

Bill listed in Packet:
    https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018...1/committee_judiciary_4200/#document-8b6ff3d9

Enjoy.

The hearing for this is going on now -
    Link:

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/meeting/watchlive/fcdceaf9-41d7-40d3-a4f4-f5a4a682d061/

Watching - (pinched a nerve in my neck so - no joy today) - I think I see Guy in the room though. ... if he isn't the lead he's the face and head speaker for the cause.

ETA - Guy with 5 MDA shirts sitting behind him. - My $'s on Guy.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Watching.

With all due respect to the Jewish lady from Bloomington, if you dont want guns in your house of worship, put up no guns signs and ban them as a private property owner.

Just because the state says you can, doesnt mean you MUST.

EDIT: Kudos to the legislators that set her straight on my point above.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Jackwagon on the committee tried to point out that they would make it lawful for bad people with bad intentions to carry. Gentleman testifying shot him down pointing out that bad people dont care about laws and it will only impede the good guys from defending the flock.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And Guy is correct - And How the BLEEP is Greg Taylor a senator and does not get this. OH MY ... gaqahhh.

He doesnt WANT to get it. He wants to think that if this passes, the Rabbi at Beth Shalom can call the police because a person carrying refuses to leave, and the police will tell the Rabbi that he can stay because the law protects him because he is carrying.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    He doesnt WANT to get it. He wants to think that if this passes, the Rabbi at Beth Shalom can call the police because a person carrying refuses to leave, and the police will tell the Rabbi that he can stay because the law protects him because he is carrying.

You're so right ... This level of ignorance hurts my head. HOW THE CRAP do they not get this. It is like LAW 101. And these on the fly fixes - are just as dumb...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Holy crap how stupid are these guys? Im going to have to stop watching because I'm about to bang my head on the desk due to the stupid. No, this bill would NOT supersede carry laws. SMH

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    passed 5-2 out of committiee if I heard that right. Taylor and the other gent to his right at the corner of the table that is equally clueless seem to be the two dissenters.

Their willful ignorance is disgraceful for an elected official.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Well the amended it - on the fly - in the committee - which if i heard correctly - WEAKENS it ...

it did pass the 5 senators for - 2 morons opposed. (sorry its hard not to poke with the level of dumb on display).

Hopefully Jim L. and Co can get it fixed.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    ALSO - we all owe guy a bottle of headache medicine for attending and working through these meetings.
    If it physically pains us ... I don't want to image what he's goes through -

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well the amended it - on the fly - in the committee - which if i heard correctly - WEAKENS it ...

it did pass the 5 senators for - 2 morons opposed. (sorry its hard not to poke with the level of dumb on display).

Hopefully Jim L. and Co can get it fixed.

Guy had a blurb on his FB page about this saying the amendment requires you to get authorization prior to carry on property. When asked if that means it's still a felony if you don't have authorization, he replied 'yes'.

How is this different than the situation we have now?

Top Bottom