• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They do not need to vote in a public committee hearing on this - they didn't even need to hold a public hearing or take public testimony.
    Smaltz did this to placate the other side - he needed only to give 2 hrs notice not the 72 he did; nor did he need to publish the CCR before hand.

My guess is they will go -
    Today - and get the date fixed (to July 1, 2019 for the fee removal) - and leave the rest the same.
    Tomorrow - Then remove Pierce and Taylor when they refuse to sign it - they get removed for a more favorable member -
    Wednesday - to get it signed
    Thursday - vote on the floor of both houses.

End session.

Thanks. I'd never taken note of how these things work.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    They do not need to vote in a public committee hearing on this - they didn't even need to hold a public hearing or take public testimony.
    Smaltz did this to placate the other side - he needed only to give 2 hrs notice not the 72 he did; nor did he need to publish the CCR before hand.

My guess is they will go -
    Today - and get the date fixed (to July 1, 2019 for the fee removal) - and leave the rest the same.
    Tomorrow - Then remove Pierce and Taylor when they refuse to sign it - they get removed for a more favorable member - get it signed.
    Wednesday - vote on the floor of both houses.

End session - Sine Die.

NOTE - THIS COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG.

FIFY - - session ends Wednesday. ...

"stop the madness!"

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As of a couple minutes ago no video up yet. Gotta see what I missed.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From Guy Relford's FB page...this doesn't sound good. Anybody have any insights?

If you care about your gun rights in Indiana, you'll want to listen to Tony Katz and the Morning News tomorrow at 8:30am - the Republican leadership in the Indiana Senate just stabbed you in the back (again).

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Not surprising. Sen. Bray is a good guy, but consider that Long is on his way out.

There are lots of places for legislation to fail in our process; our founders built it that way.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WHAT THE ****??!! This **** is getting old. And the video ain't up yet either.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    WHAT THE ****??!! This **** is getting old. And the video ain't up yet either.

I (for a change, I do not like talk radio, I listen for music) listened to Guy on Tony Katz ... BRAY walked out 10 minutes into the hearing and didn't return; participate or anything. I think he and Taylor and Pierce need booted.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The audio from Guy's interview with Tony Katz is up and available here.

Tony Katz | 93.1 WIBC

His conclusion seems to boil down to Bray not supporting the bill, not wanting to sign it, and this is his way of letting it die.

Yep...just listened to Guy's portion. Bray walked out of the meeting yesterday 10 minutes into a 4 hour long hearing. He heard virtually none of the testimony, I suppose, because his mind was already made up.

Thanks Republicans. You people surely do make the decision between pulling the lever between a D and an R awfully inconsequential sometimes. I think I'm going to email him and tell him just that.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I"m calling and I'm calling for D.Long; and R.Bray - then Bosma (my Rep and as Speaker) ... This is dumb - just dumb. Bray was supposed to be working on this in conjunction WITH Smaltz.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I talked to Sen Long's office - they 'assured me" that if Sen Bray is carrying the bill - he supports the CCR.#1. (or 2 as the case may be w/ the date typo).

Left V-MSG w/ Sen Bray - and Spoke with an aide for Speaker Bosma ... Might call Rep Smaltz Office too just for uniformity.

I mentioned (casually) that I am a part of "organizations" that are composed of about 50K Hooisers. ... just for good measure that we are not just "a few squeaky voices".

Top Bottom