• ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    URGENT UPDATE:

Copied from the Guy A. Relford's Facebook page...

"Apparently Senator Rodric Bray is willing to let Sen. Sandlin's church bill die - and deliver NOTHING on the summer study committee's recommendation to "remove hurdles that restrict the ability of law abiding Hoosiers to exercise their State and Federal Constitutional Rights to bear arms and defend themselves.” And if the Senator Bray had actually stuck around for the committee meeting Monday morning, he'd have heard law enforcement representatives say they were comfortable with a July 2019 implementation date for the licensing bill to give the General Assembly plenty of time to plug the gap on any funding issues. This is a true shame - this bill would've done a lot for Hoosier gun owners. And if it dies - we should remember who killed it."

Another tip I have heard indicate House has folks/ sigs likely lined up on the bill ... We need 2 senators:

NOTE: if you're going to call now - keep calling - BUT you'll have to look up the legislators LSA direct numbers on the IGA site to get them messages - the switch board is closed.

D.Long LSA - 317-232 9416 - very polite; but said "it's all still floating around" and "no word on that one"

R.Bray LSA - 317-232-9840 - seemed to want to see this legislation to pass but hasn't spoken to the senator for a while today.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    URGENT UPDATE:

Copied from the Guy A. Relford's Facebook page...

"Apparently Senator Rodric Bray is willing to let Sen. Sandlin's church bill die - and deliver NOTHING on the summer study committee's recommendation to "remove hurdles that restrict the ability of law abiding Hoosiers to exercise their State and Federal Constitutional Rights to bear arms and defend themselves.” And if the Senator Bray had actually stuck around for the committee meeting Monday morning, he'd have heard law enforcement representatives say they were comfortable with a July 2019 implementation date for the licensing bill to give the General Assembly plenty of time to plug the gap on any funding issues. This is a true shame - this bill would've done a lot for Hoosier gun owners. And if it dies - we should remember who killed it."

Another tip I have heard indicate House has folks/ sigs likely lined up on the bill ... We need 2 senators:

NOTE: if you're going to call now - keep calling - BUT you'll have to look up the legislators LSA direct numbers on the IGA site to get them messages - the switch board is closed.

D.Long LSA - 317-232 9416 - very polite; but said "it's all still floating around" and "no word on that one"

R.Bray LSA - 317-232-9840 - seemed to want to see this legislation to pass but hasn't spoken to the senator for a while today.

Got a live person for Long, VM for Bray's assistant.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Now we wait ... I hate waiting ... and I'm distracted and have too much to do. I may have to let the rest of this ride out without following.
    I'll be mad if they can't at least get this to a vote.

realizing we aren't getting "what we should have" or even close the initial "Deal we had to live with" - I saw Bray post on FB - back to a post by Guy:

Once again this is not accurate. I am for Sen Sandlin’s bill to allow guns in churches on school property. It is a good bill and needs to pass. The only concern that I and some of my Senate colleagues has was the $20 million fiscal impact removing the fees would have without anything specific in the bill to offset those funds. Much of those funds are used to train our local law enforcement agencies. Myself and two other Senators went to the House members handling this bill and urged them to simply vote on bill with the church language in it because both the House and Senate would pass that bill easily. We were told if the fee language was not in there then nothing would pass.

a quick check shows that the over the last 5 yrs of massive LTCH sales - (and giving 10% increase in sales) - we've had less than $10M in revenue (at 125/license assuming all Lifetime).
    that's $2.50 a person / yr for all 4 million adults in the state. - how much did our gas taxes go up unnecessarily ... sheesh.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    From GUY:

Update: apparently the language of the church bill (SB33) is being inserted into a separate bill on school safety and may get a vote yet tonight.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From GUY:

Update: apparently the language of the church bill (SB33) is being inserted into a separate bill on school safety and may get a vote yet tonight.

It would be nice to get something more than a State Bug and warm beer on Sunday out of this session.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Well, news is reporting that the school safety and church carry, license fees did not get approved and will not be heading to Governor Holcomb’s desk.

The GOP is all defense, no offense and are a bunch of cowards.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So we got the big zip here... What was up with the summer study then? Just a way to give gun owners a stroke or two to distract them. But hey, at least they jacked up the gas tax for us.

Last edited:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    So we go the big zip here... What was up with the summer study then? Just a way to give gun owners a stroke or two to distract them. But hey, at least they jacked up the gas tax for us.

And I'm sure we'll get toll roads as well. F'n government. All they care to do is tax tax tax.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    So we got the big zip here... What was up with the summer study then? Just a way to give gun owners a stroke or two to distract them. But hey, at least they jacked up the gas tax for us.

Summer Study was total 100% lip service.

Gutless. Vote them out. Its time for fresh blood.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Well - As much as this ticks me off - I'm in need of a mental break for a day or 3 ...

I agree it stinks and it should not be this hard.

But 3 things to point out.

1) don't discount the summer study - it took 2 sessions (or 3? not sure) for them to go from road / cost study - to raising the gas tax; and the fact that came out in the study are still completely valid today; as they were the year before - we still have solid argument.

2) several of the problem folks are up for re-election - but better - several may be retiring - the other issue of concern is who gets leadership roles after the election.
    There will most definitely be "fresh blood" -

3) We need to keep up the pressure - This stuff is ramped up again ... the feds are in it too; and those that would use 1 right to strip a 2nd - are fully at it.
    We need to work smarter - and harder - and use ALL the tools. -
    rallies, flyers, petitions, letters, meet with legislators (and their staff), work to change peoples minds - by what we say and what we do - not argue and name call;
    comment smartly - not smart a$$3dly - get people to the line (Invite a legislator?) -

This (INGO) is one of the safe zones to "vent". - but out there - in the world - game on. 100% of the time.

Thanks to all of you who've written - called - petitioned - testified - (and show up to testify) ... met with people - and shared info to other venues (web, FB, clubs, whatever)
    You're making the difference. ...

OK I"m out for a bit. Tired and overly stressed w/ life and this - and life - and 2 weeks straight of Mondays

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well - As much as this ticks me off - I'm in need of a mental break for a day or 3 ...

I agree it stinks and it should not be this hard.

But 3 things to point out.

1) don't discount the summer study - it took 2 sessions (or 3? not sure) for them to go from road / cost study - to raising the gas tax; and the fact that came out in the study are still completely valid today; as they were the year before - we still have solid argument.

2) several of the problem folks are up for re-election - but better - several may be retiring - the other issue of concern is who gets leadership roles after the election.
    There will most definitely be "fresh blood" -

3) We need to keep up the pressure - This stuff is ramped up again ... the feds are in it too; and those that would use 1 right to strip a 2nd - are fully at it.
    We need to work smarter - and harder - and use ALL the tools. -
    rallies, flyers, petitions, letters, meet with legislators (and their staff), work to change peoples minds - by what we say and what we do - not argue and name call;
    comment smartly - not smart a$$3dly - get people to the line (Invite a legislator?) -

This (INGO) is one of the safe zones to "vent". - but out there - in the world - game on. 100% of the time.

Thanks to all of you who've written - called - petitioned - testified - (and show up to testify) ... met with people - and shared info to other venues (web, FB, clubs, whatever)
    You're making the difference. ...

OK I"m out for a bit. Tired and overly stressed w/ life and this - and life - and 2 weeks straight of Mondays
    Thanks much for everything you did on this Bill, you did a really solid job and it is appreciated.

Top Bottom