Can medical marijuana patients own guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    First it is most disturbing that Marijuana is a Class 1 drug. That needs to change completely. It is nowhere near the most dangerous drugs like Meth and Heroin, and not addictive nor deadly, and it should not be considered a narcotic. I'd be much more comfortable in a room full of armed men on pot than near a single drunk.

Second, if someone is using it under prescription then it clearly does have medicinal use for that person, and when used regularly should have no more restrictions than cough syrup. To say a medicinal user can't own a gun is like saying they shouldn't b allowed to operate ANY machinery. Aside from the titration period, where dizziness can occur, medicinal users do drive and should have full rights to own weapons for sport, as well as self defense.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    It might come to that if a certain candidate gets elected and decides to impose his religious beliefs on the nation.

Sharia Law?

obama5.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "The term 'controlled substance' means a drug or other substance, or immediate precursor, included in schedule I, II, III, IV, or V of part B of this subchapter. The term does not include distilled spirits, wine, malt beverages, or tobacco, as those terms are defined or used in subtitle E of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986." 21 U.S.C. § 802(6)

Now that we've defined "controlled substance" we should define "...any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug..."

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    In Colorado, any MMJ card carrier has their medical marijuana (MMJ) records sealed. This is the only approach that makes sense. if they make it legal, where it is still federally prohibited, then when it comes to buying guns the only logical standpoint would to be making it so people who buy booze, or take prescription opiates can't either.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    First it is most disturbing that Marijuana is a Class 1 drug. That needs to change completely. It is nowhere near the most dangerous drugs like Meth and Heroin, and not addictive nor deadly, and it should not be considered a narcotic. I'd be much more comfortable in a room full of armed men on pot than near a single drunk.

Second, if someone is using it under prescription then it clearly does have medicinal use for that person, and when used regularly should have no more restrictions than cough syrup. To say a medicinal user can't own a gun is like saying they shouldn't b allowed to operate ANY machinery. Aside from the titration period, where dizziness can occur, medicinal users do drive and should have full rights to own weapons for sport, as well as self defense.

Schedule I drugs are not rated by addictiveness or abuse potential the way II-V are. Schedule I simply means no recognized medicinal use.

And by the way, methampethamine is a Schedule II. Google Desoxyn. ;)

Top Bottom