Can one apply for the LTCH the old-fashioned way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    It looks like the only visible option is through the ISP website. Is there no way to mail or drop in a paper application?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It looks like the only visible option is through the ISP website. Is there no way to mail or drop in a paper application?
    Welcome back, Kotter! What you say is correct.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Welcome back, Kotter! What you say is correct.
    Yep. Welcome to the 21st century. Where even paper resumes and applications dont exist. EVERYTHING is online, and if you dont have internet, you go sit at a terminal in the store and fill out the app.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Do you think it will have a higher chance than this year?
    Short session in 2022, longer for the budget year in 2023. With free lifetime LTCH? I think it's possible. Of course we had a bill pass 65-31 in the House last session and not get a hearing in the Senate.

2023 is a budget year, and the NRA Annual Meeting is in Indy in 23. I don't trust Holcomb to do the right thing, but I think he'd do the political thing and sign the bill at the NRA Convention.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Short session in 2022, longer for the budget year in 2023. With free lifetime LTCH? I think it's possible. Of course we had a bill pass 65-31 in the House last session and not get a hearing in the Senate.

2023 is a budget year, and the NRA Annual Meeting is in Indy in 23. I don't trust Holcomb to do the right thing, but I think he'd do the political thing and sign the bill at the NRA Convention.
    I believe Holcomb came out against at a debate last fall, but I could be wrong. Think it was the same time he embraced red flag laws.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I believe Holcomb came out against at a debate last fall, but I could be wrong. Think it was the same time he embraced red flag laws.
    I do remember him being not on team ConC at the debate. In 2019 he signed the Civil Immunity bill at the NRAAMM. With the ConC States up to 21? 2023 looks like the best bet to me. I'll take 2022... ;)

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford

This is at the bottom of ISP license page..

“Effective January 1, 2017, The Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Unit will no longer accept payment for firearms license applications, duplicate license requests or manual inked fingerprint cards by mail. If a payment or fingerprint card is received by mail, it will be returned to the applicant.

Application payments must be made electronically through the Firearms License Application Portal. Please contact your Local Law Enforcement Agency for special circumstances.

The Indiana State Police Department is no longer accepting manual name change forms, manual address change forms or manual duplicate license request forms. All changes must be completed online through the Indiana State Police Handgun Licensing Portal. Click the appropriate link below to begin your online process.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom