• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Hi all, here is some info/background on what my wife have been working on with our horse rescue and how it has expanded:
    In just over a year now we have applied for our 501c3- not for profit status and received it. Last summer we were asked by Ball State to help their Immersive Learning program with a camp for special need kids (high functioning autistic kids and kids with downs syndrome) Initially we were not looking at doing camps but our interest's have changed and we are expanding our range of help to other areas.. we doing another in June with Ball State and we have had more organizations have inquired about using us... we have outgrown our barn and property. We are applying for grants , which has been a huge challenge because I know very little about the process and most of the people that want to help want paid. Wednesday afternoon my wife and I meet with a local foundation to start a proposal process , Saturday we submit a proposal with Ball Brothers Foundation.
    We have had to turn organizations away until we can get more property and build a barn. Our goal is to be self supporting and with all of the organizations that have serious interest in us that will be possible. I have presented our business plan and the areas we are focusing on to some companies in the equine industry and no one is doing what we have proposed. Our plan could change horse rescue and serve/solve many obstacles that stand in other rescues way. This is some of the area's that we are working on and there are more!
    Now my wife and I want to do our part by serving Veterans with PTSD, I know there are programs out there that use dogs and other animals. So I am researching what we can do with our horses. (I have seen a program called the healing horse and the success it has.) With all the great folks and the help I have seen on INGO I wanted to include you and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks , Tim : Schuller Stables Inc.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I grew up with horses and still have flashbacks of busting ice out of the water buckets before school every morning. My daughter is a Riley child who is recovering from what was her 3rd open heart surgery. I've seen what programs like this do for children I wish you the absolute best with the endeavor!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I grew up with horses and still have flashbacks of busting ice out of the water buckets before school every morning. My daughter is a Riley child who is recovering from what was her 3rd open heart surgery. I've seen what programs like this do for children I wish you the absolute best with the endeavor!

Thanks. Busting ice this morning was not so bad. I look forward to feeding the hay burners every morning.
    We are in the middle of planning for our camp in early June... learned so much last year and looking for to expanding all are areas of service. Thanks. Tim
    Yesterday's meeting went well. Again thanks. Tim

Top Bottom