• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Looks like the OP'S question has been pretty well covered.
    So, for what it's worth, having witnessed countless, young ladies, dancing their way through college, in over two dozen countries, over a 22-1/2 year Army career, for the money, the ladies in Bosnia will give you the best bang for your buck. If they had one down fall, it might have been the occasional crooked teeth but it was good enough for government work.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I can understand where you are coming from, but people are particular about how things perform and the money they spent. If you spend $90 on a part that lasted 2 months versus someone else who spent $30 on the same part and it's still working 3 years later....for the money that $90 piece should've held up.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Looks to me like you asked the question that shan't be asked here on INGO. Why spend more than I can buy it on Craigslist? I've been around this forum since not long after it's inception, and the one thing that has stood out from day one, "cheaper"! "For the money" means, in laymans terms, I got it cheaper! The INGO "tech" forums seem to be a race to zero, just as is the mindeset. The race to zero produces no winners, but that seems to be the status quo?

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Looks like the OP'S question has been pretty well covered.
    So, for what it's worth, having witnessed countless, young ladies, dancing their way through college, in over two dozen countries, over a 22-1/2 year Army career, for the money, the ladies in Bosnia will give you the best bang for your buck. If they had one down fall, it might have been the occasional crooked teeth but it was good enough for government work.

That's a good 1!!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don't dislike the term at all. To me it signifies a trade-off of value (to me) VS the dollar's spent. IE: A Rolls Royce is a wonderful automobile and meets and exceeds everything I want in a vehicle. However "For the Money", a Chevrolet also meets my actual needs for a tenth of the money expended so it is a good buy "for the money".

Same can be said for firearms. A Les Baer 1911 with all the options is an excellent firearm most everyone admires, and if money was no consideration most people would rather have. However many that do not (including me) have unlimited funds, may find a Springfield, Colt, or a Rock Island that does most of what the more expensive firearm is capable of doing. Therefore if a cheaper option meets the "real" needs, less bragging rights, it may be the "Best for the Money".

To me it lets me know the person using the term feels the purchase meets the objectives, in the case of a firearm, durability, reliability, accuracy, ease of use etc, as well or better than other firearms, for the amount of money spent.

Last edited:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I'm surprised gentleman's clubs are still in business.

For the money, the internet provides a much better visual buffet. Plus, you don't come home smelling like cotton candy and covered in glitter.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm surprised gentleman's clubs are still in business.

For the money, the internet provides a much better visual buffet. Plus, you don't come home smelling like cotton candy and covered in glitter.

I suspect the same reason concerts remain a thing despite home sound systems being holy-crap-outstanding in the sound department these days. The social aspect.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I still wanna know more about these scores girls.
    Drive up to Gary, take a drive around, there's a good variety of strip clubs in the area; temptations, deja vu, scores, honeys, etc. haven't been to any of them, but I drive by them to go to work.

Edit; if I was childish I would point out my post count on this post... Well I guess I just did

DaveM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    The last time I went to Deja Vu, it got raided. Anyway, when I hear "For the money" I just take it as being something that isn't the best, but it isn't the worst. "For the money", Caniks are decent firearms. It's no Hi Point, but it sure isn't a Sig either.

Top Bottom