Can We Provide For Our Own National Integrity?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    First it was the Ukraine and now Israel... Is the US going to be able to support two wars on two fronts and still “…provide for the common defense….”? We may believe that we have unlimited financial and material resources but we don't! We are providing billions upon billions of dollars and credits to each. Both the Ukraine and Israel are using up fantastic amounts of war making materials, a considerable amount which comes from US resources. With lessening “stockpiles” of those vital war making materials available for our own deterrent capability here and, additionally, massing a considerable amount of our operational forces in one small area, there is much to consider.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    When you have a person sitting in the white house that has a history of putting up his office for sale to other governments. Why would he care about us since he has made millions from other governments. I wish I had an answer to your question, But I'm afraid it will come down to us using our 2nd A rights to defend ourselves against an attack on our soil. And that's all we can do for now.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No.

And eventually* the USA will be spoken about like we discuss the Roman Empire. How at the time it was the best on earth. But due to mismanagement and excesses they failed into oblivion.

*not in our lifetime. Probably will take 2 or 3 more generations for the full fail.

Last edited:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have to think Taiwan is on edge. Knowing the US is led by an incompetent boob and the middle east is only going to accelerate. We're so screwed. Our allies are flooded with immigrants and worthless as it is. I have little hope on this topic.
    I agree.
    We are being stretched too thin and will be unable to do anything to help Taiwan. Maybe this was the plan between Russia, China, and Iran all along.
    Poland and Germany should have stepped up and helped Ukraine, and should now be bearing the most of that burden.
    Of course we can just print a bunch more money to help Ukraine, who cares if we end up $37 trillion in debt ? It's just a number right ? Inflation can just to 10% it's just a number right ? Interest rates to combat inflation can jump to 10% it's just a number right ?

Last edited:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    It's almost as if Russia, Iran and China are in cahoots to destroy this country indirectly or something. Golly I hope not because the chess game is heating up and our esteemed leader can't complete a game of checkers unassisted.
    You and I typing the same thing at the same time, and both hoping it's just a coincidence.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I agree.
    We are being stretched too thin and will be unable to do anything to help Taiwan. Maybe this was the plan between Russia, China, and Iran all along.
    Poland and Germany should have stepped up and helped Ukraine, and should now be bearing the most of that burden.
    Of course we can just print a bunch more money to help Ukraine, who cares if we end up $37 trillion in debt ? It's just a number right ? Inflation can just to 10% it's just a number right ? Intrest rates to combat inflation can jump to 10% it's just a number right ?
    Germany is a liability, not a friend. Merkel should have a legacy as a nightmare.They should be much more helpful in Ukraine.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The norks are quiet. The Chi-coms don't want more forces in the Pacific. It'll be a NATO Article 5/US Forces return to Germany situation, the Xinnie the Pooh will take Taiwan.

The Vietnam Veterans had concerns about my generation in the Military. We surpassed them in so many ways.

My generation in the Military had concerns about the young folks. The young folks were in OEF/OIF and surpassed us in so many ways.

I've been retired over 16 years. I'm sure the OEF/OIF Veterans are now the old guys with concerns about the young folks. The young folks have been reading Ibram X Kendi and Robin DiAngelo instead of Sun Tzu and Clausewitz. Drag queens are now recruitment tools.

I hope I'm wrong...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious if the 'don't join the military' contingent of INGO will see the irony of complaining about the inability to project power due to limited resources.

No, we can't provide for our national integrity. We're so divided internally, and largely too fat/dumb/soft to do hard jobs that require boots on the ground and/or ship. The rest is just a sprinkling of **** on the largely **** sundae. War fighting is just one more thing to outsource to foreigners, I guess. Maybe we can J3 visa some cops and firemen as well.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think it just depends on when and if leadership decides to turn on the taps. This country came out of a depression and quickly became the most powerful war economy in history. I want to believe we can do it again if we need to.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I'm curious if the 'don't join the military' contingent of INGO will see the irony of complaining about the inability to project power due to limited resources.

No, we can't provide for our national integrity. We're so divided internally, and largely too fat/dumb/soft to do hard jobs that require boots on the ground and/or ship. The rest is just a sprinkling of **** on the largely **** sundae. War fighting is just one more thing to outsource to foreigners, I guess. Maybe we can J3 visa some cops and firemen as well.
    I did eight years and am not sure I'd want my kids to join these days. It's very different now.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

23% deficit increase in a single year. Falling tax revenue from Bidenomics and ever-increasing outlays on entitlements, war, and foreign spending.

The gravy train stops when the world ceases doing business in a currency backed by $1.7 trillion in bad checks per year.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County

23% deficit increase in a single year. Falling tax revenue from Bidenomics and ever-increasing outlays on entitlements, war, and foreign spending.

The gravy train stops when the world ceases doing business in a currency backed by $1.7 trillion in bad checks per year.
    I’m always curious about this. When did the dollar become the worlds trading currency? What was if before, the pound?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Soon, it's going to be like North America was in the 1750s, before the French & Indian War.

Very much decentralized from what we have become numb to, meaning, the central control of day-to-day life by people hundreds of miles away in Mordor-on-the-Potomac. It will also be less safe and less prosperous. It won't be Mad Max...there are two many layers of govenmental onion at this point. If the Fed govt collapsed somehow or peoople lost even more faith in it than they have already, there will still be state government. If that gets shakey, there will be city/county government. And ultimately, it will be HOA or "strongmen" who runs distinct geographic areas. There will be complex alliances, just many more than we are accustomed to in the last two centuries.

Think about it. We hear ******** about what is happening in other states every day that really doesn't impact us, but it is shoved down our throats by MSM to distract us from the reality immediately around us. "A bridge collapse in New Jersey, two birds are without a nest and a homeless man died!" or "Rockslide in a remote part of western Montana stands motorists!" I mean, that is sad, but who gives a **** ultimately?

The old agage, "local, local, local" is about to come into focus pretty damn soon.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Soon, it's going to be like North America was in the 1750s, before the French & Indian War.

Very much decentralized from what we have become numb to, meaning, the central control of day-to-day life by people hundreds of miles away in Mordor-on-the-Potomac. It will also be less safe and less prosperous. It won't be Mad Max...there are two many layers of govenmental onion at this point. If the Fed govt collapsed somehow or peoople lost even more faith in it than they have already, there will still be state government. If that gets shakey, there will be city/county government. And ultimately, it will be HOA or "strongmen" who runs distinct geographic areas. There will be complex alliances, just many more than we are accustomed to in the last two centuries.

Think about it. We hear ******** about what is happening in other states every day that really doesn't impact us, but it is shoved down our throats by MSM to distract us from the reality immediately around us. "A bridge collapse in New Jersey, two birds are without a nest and a homeless man died!" or "Rockslide in a remote part of western Montana stands motorists!" I mean, that is sad, but who gives a **** ultimately?

The old agage, "local, local, local" is about to come into focus pretty damn soon.
    Local action has a national impact.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County

Awesome. Looks like my options will either be a farm hand or making meth in my area.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I’m always curious about this. When did the dollar become the worlds trading currency? What was if before, the pound?

Depends on how far back you want to go. Spanish Peso was arguably the first 'global' currency, at least to the western hemisphere. The USD started the path to global reserve currency status in the WWI era and was firmly entrenched in the post-WW2 era. This was further cemented by the petro-dollar in the mid 70s. Basically our currency rose to prominence because of a very strong industrial base and because nobody had bombed the **** out of our infrastructure, so people who had their infrastructure bombed to **** had to pay us for things they needed as they rebuilt.

Top Bottom