• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can you cc in a bar in Indiana? I have a friend at work that wants to know and I have had a cc for a while but I don't know myself if there is a law. When in doubt I just don't carry.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    In Indiana, it's legal to open, or conceal carry in a bar.

There is no restriction in the IC that states otherwise.

However, it might not be prudent to get all liquered up and have a gun on your person.

If you had to use it in self defense, and there's too much blood in your alcohol stream, the prosecutor might have fun with it. :dunno:

Always exercise good judgement if guns are going to be around liquor

Luke76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    You can even open carry if you so choose. May not be a good idea to openly carry a firearm around a bunch of possible drunk people though. Probably a good idea to stick to cc.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Unless it is clearly posted @ the entry, you are good to go.

even if a sign is posted, the sign does not make it illegal, just not desirable.

In the event there IS a sign, carry is still OK until they ask you to leave. If you don't leave, you are then breaking the law by trespassing.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    So long as you aren't breaking any other statutes at the same time, yep. And just in case you were going to follow up with the usual question, you can even have a drink in said bar while carrying, if you are so inclined.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thank Scutter and Signal good to know, I'll pass it on. Hes leery of carrying a lot of places, so am I at times, he asked if there was a list of places he could get so I told him about all you can do is watch for signs. Not much reassurance.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Can you cc in a bar in Indiana? I have a friend at work that wants to know and I have had a cc for a while but I don't know myself if there is a law. When in doubt I just don't carry.

You should partake in one of the local meet & greets, as they are usually at places that serve alcohol and some of us enjoy a nice cold brew or two while open carrying. :yesway:

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes in my research today on INGO I learned having a sign itself is NOT law. But if they know and ask you to leave you should do so.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You should partake in one of the local meet & greets, as they are usually at places that serve alcohol and some of us enjoy a nice cold brew or two while open carrying. :yesway: ___I would have went to one last August, but I was camping in Michigan that weekend. _______________

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yes in my research today on INGO I learned having a sign itself is NOT law. But if they know and ask you to leave you should do so.

If they have a sign, I personally would not patronize them anyway, but only because I respect their desire to not have any my money.

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If they have a sign, I personally would not patronize them anyway, but only because I respect their desire to not have any my money.
    I agree!

indiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If they have a sign, I personally would not patronize them anyway, but only because I respect their desire to not have any my money

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bar OC probably twice a week. Never had a problem. Usually turns into good small talk or conversations with other gun owners.

sometimes they're unaware that you can carry in bars, so it's also an educational opportunity.

Top Bottom